Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Reverting to Old Passwords

Quote Reply
Reverting to Old Passwords
Hello, I inadvertently changed the password for three accounts. I have the old encrypted password for each account; is there any way I can use that to change the new passwords back into the old ones? Every time I try to, a different encrypted password comes up.
Quote Reply
Re: [ar-diniento] Reverting to Old Passwords In reply to
Through the admin function you should be able to view the account name and then enter a new password.

Is this what is not working? The encryption may not look exactly the same as the first time but the password should be the same. You can try logging in as that user after making each change to see if it's working correctly.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Re: [ar-diniento] Reverting to Old Passwords In reply to
You should be able to edit the password file as a text file and put the old encrypted password back in.

Just FTP the password file to yourself. Use a text editor like notepad to type the old encrypted password, save and FTP back. You might want to save a copy of the original (working) password file under a different name on the server, just in case the whole FTP thing goes wacko.

I have never done it, but I have edited the password file as a spreadshhet, converted to a text file and then FTP'd it back.