Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Setting up dbman with Xitami

Quote Reply
Setting up dbman with Xitami
Hi folks.

I originally tried to setup dbman with PWS on Win98 with absolutely no luck. I managed to get PWS to work with UltimateBB which tells me that at least PWS managed CGI and the Perl.

I have tried with Xitami now for about 5 hours, trying some dbman fan sites install tutorials (JPDeni's), but it seems that Xitami won't even run CGI for me and is testing my patience :)

Does anyone else have a solution for this or have an excellent guide on how to install PWS and DBMAN? The one included in the doc is very vague, well, non-existant instructions for WIN32 systems and judging by the number of folks posting in here with problems with WIN32, I'm beginning if I should just try installing Linux in my box <grin>.

Problem#1 - Testing CGI with Xitami
I had a simple little test cgi script:
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "Hello world.\n";

When I type in the URL: 127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/test.cgi in PWS, it prints it up. In Xitami, it asks to download it!

Problem #2
When I tried to get DBMAN to work with PWS in Win98, no joy. 500 errors. Path to perl was: #! C:\Perl and C:/Perl and Perl with an alais in PWS.

I'm beginning to loose my mind with it!

B.

Quote Reply
Re: Setting up dbman with Xitami In reply to
You may want to check the FAQ within the resource center as there is a fix listed there for installing on Xitami servers.

You can also search the installation forum under "PWS" an "Xitami" and find various related threads.

This has been covered and just takes a little time to research the forum to find the solution you need.

I'm sure you will find your answer and pick up some more suggestions in the process Smile

Unoffical DBMan FAQ
http://webmagic.hypermart.net/dbman/
Quote Reply
Re: Setting up dbman with Xitami In reply to
It ask you to download because when you install Xitami somehow or rather, it didn't tell Windows that .cgi or .pl should be executed and not treated as a downlaodable file. I think you can find out how to fix that on the website you downloaded Xitami or within the admin program itself. I'm also using Xitami and faced the same problem but I somehow solved it.

Julian