Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

To delete old information

Quote Reply
To delete old information
Hello

How can I delete (quicly) the old informations or pieces of information that arrived whith the demo versin or whit the srip, sorry I donīt like to delete one for one.
Is there one different method?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: To delete old information In reply to
Create an empty file and call it default.db. Upload it to your server into your DBMan directory. You will now have no records from the demo.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Great. Itīs OK. One more,
It is posible to write in default.db all the information instead to fill all in the menu of Add?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Yes, it's possible. But it isn't easy.

First, you have to make sure that all of your fields line up exactly. If there is an empty field in the record, you have to be sure to account for it by putting two delimiters together.

Second, you have to make sure that you have a unique key for each record. This is especially problematic if you are using a counter. I know that often when I'm typing in a series of numbers, I will repeat a number without realizing it. If you do that, you'll have major problems.

It's really not a lot more difficult to type in the information on a form than it is to type it into a text file. But if that's what you want to do, it can be done.

------------------
JPD