Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

URL-Directory

Quote Reply
URL-Directory
I just downloaded DBman on my pc and i'm trying to install it. However I continuously getting the following 500error:"The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

I think I'm entering the URL and directory in db.cgi and default.cfg incorrectly. Can you please give me some details on how to enter the URL and directory correctly.

Quote Reply
Re: URL-Directory In reply to
Are you installing DBMAN locally in your PC or are you attempting to install it on a virtual account? I am unclear as to which you are installing. And also, it would help if you provided the following information:

1) Operating System
2) Web Server Software
3) Perl Version

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
thanks for you reply.

It's a Windows NT web server.
Perl v5.003

Quote Reply
what do i put here: $db_script_path
and here: $db_dir_url

Quote Reply
Okay...and is this a local computer or a virtual account?

If it is the former and you do not have a DNS server or a domain name set-up, then you need to use the local non-routable IP Address, which on most Windows machines is 127.0.0.1....So, the address would look like the following:

Code:

http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi

If it is the latter, then the address would be:

Code:

http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi

Yet since your are getting an INTERNAL SERVER ERROR, it does not deal with the URL location of your files, but a misconfiguration of the default.cfg AND/OR db.cgi files.

I would HIGHLY recommend searching this forum for NT and you will find quite a few Threads where installation issues have been discussed before.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Where on db.cgi or default.cfg can I most likely find the misconfigured problem?

Quote Reply
Okay here are some hints...but then please do try to search the forum for relevant Threads that deal with NT problems, okay?

1) Look at the $db_script_path in the db.cgi.

2) Then look at ALL the variables at the top section of the default.cfg file.

Good luck!

Regards,

Eliot Lee