Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Unable to open log file

Quote Reply
Unable to open log file
BlushHeeeeeelp!!!

I thought I could just do it but this is what I've been getting in the past 24 hours. I'm getting frustrated.

DBMan encountered an internal error. CGI ERROR==========================================Error Message : unable to open log file: ./default.log. Reason: Permission deniedScript Location : c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cgi-bin\dbman\db.cgiPerl Version : 5.006001Setup File : default.cfgSession ID : admin.105519881746357Form Variables-------------------------------------------db : defaultlogin : Logonpw : adminuid : userid : adminEnvironment Variables-------------------------------------------ALLUSERSPROFILE : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWSCOMMONPROGRAMFILES : C:\Program Files\Common FilesCOMPUTERNAME : BODE-IBMCOMSPEC : C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exeCONTENT_LENGTH : 49CONTENT_TYPE : application/x-www-form-urlencodedGATEWAY_INTERFACE : CGI/1.1HTTPS : offHTTP_ACCEPT : image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, application/x-shockwave-flash, */*HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING: gzip, deflateHTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-usHTTP_CACHE_CONTROL : no-cacheHTTP_CONNECTION : Keep-AliveHTTP_CONTENT_LENGTH : 49HTTP_CONTENT_TYPE : application/x-www-form-urlencodedHTTP_HOST : bode-ibmHTTP_REFERER : http://bode-ibm/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi?db=defaultHTTP_USER_AGENT : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)INSTANCE_ID : 1LOCAL_ADDR : 127.0.0.1NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS: 1OS : Windows_NTPATH : C:\Perl\bin\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\MSSQL7\BINNPATHEXT : .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSHPATH_INFO : /cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgiPATH_TRANSLATED : c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cgi-bin\dbman\db.cgiPROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE: x86PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER: x86 Family 15 Model 1 Stepping 2, GenuineIntelPROCESSOR_LEVEL : 15PROCESSOR_REVISION : 0102PROGRAMFILES : C:\Program FilesREMOTE_ADDR : 127.0.0.1REMOTE_HOST : 127.0.0.1REQUEST_METHOD : POSTSCRIPT_NAME : /cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgiSERVER_NAME : bode-ibmSERVER_PORT : 80SERVER_PORT_SECURE : 0SERVER_PROTOCOL : HTTP/1.1SERVER_SOFTWARE : Microsoft-IIS/5.1SYSTEMDRIVE : C:SYSTEMROOT : C:\WINDOWSTEMP : C:\WINDOWS\TEMPTMP : C:\WINDOWS\TEMPUSERPROFILE : C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService.NT AUTHORITY.000WINDIR : C:\WINDOWS
Quote Reply
Re: [bodemesh] Unable to open log file In reply to
Try putting all the dbman files in the cgi-bin and not in a sub-directory. Else you would need to extend the permissions from the cgi-bin to the sub-directories.

It appears that you were able to get the script to execute, just not to write to the log file, is that right?
Quote Reply
Re: [joematt] Unable to open log file In reply to
The script will not execute because it sees connecting the log file as serious script error. I can not go beyond admin login page.
Quote Reply
Re: [bodemesh] Unable to open log file In reply to
Well, I'm sure it has to do with the permissions on the log file, but not sure I know how to fix it on a windows server.

you could do turn-off logging in the config file temporarily;

# Enable (1) or disable (0) logging.
$auth_logging = 0;

Here are a few links I used in the past;

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=139976#139976
http://gossamer-threads.com/...flat&post=108916