Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Upgrades etc.

Quote Reply
Upgrades etc.
I am currnently using an older version of the DBMan script and wants to upgrade to the latest edition. This is pretty complicated (?), cause I am not sure where the changes have been made. That is, as I have modyfied the script a lot I dont want to replace the whole thing, I want to keep all my "design-changes".

Could you please note where the changes are or anything like that, which would make it easier to upgrade in cases like mine ?

ALSO:

Is it possible to make a "counter-file" which register the number of records in a specific area ? I guess this would be code that added one count to the specific area each time a person register a new record.

Thanx for a great script !

Sincerely

Eric
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrades etc. In reply to
Hi,

Your design chenges should be save in the html.pl file.

Not overwriting that file should solve one of your problems

Regards,
Michiel
Quote Reply
OK, so there are no changes to be made in the html.pl -file in order for the latest upgrade to work ?
Quote Reply
You didn't say what version you are using. If you are using a 1.x version, unfortunately there are a lot of changes in html.pl. Some of which are:

1. How the program is called -- the uid and database name now must be passed through every screen.

2. Extra screens like admin adding users.

I would recommend cutting and pasting your design into the new html.pl file. It's not an easy process I know, wish I had better news. Frown

Cheers,

Alex