Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Uploading an image from the local system

Quote Reply
Uploading an image from the local system
I am implementing this as a try out for a person to be able to create a database of unique gems. They would input the description, place of origin, weight, size and other unique attributes. I also wanted to include an image of the gem. So if the user fills out the form, they should be able to browse to their harddrive and pick an image to upload that goes with the record. Any ideas? I am not a perl guru, but can follow directions very well Smile Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.
SB
Quote Reply
Re: Uploading an image from the local system In reply to
Hey:

This is birminghamnet. u said u figured out problem with login. can u be more specific so I can fix it. thx
Quote Reply
Re: Uploading an image from the local system In reply to
I had a file path problem. For some reason, it would not recognize the absolute path to my db.cgi script as defined in default.cfg I finally specified the path as a single period i.e. '.' I had several other file location problems that required tweaking to get to work. Best bet is to turn on debugging in your default.cfg and see what the errors are, then go find them and try various different approaches. Keep in mind, I am running this on an intranet off of a win95 machine, so my paths are c:/something/ Whereas, if you are running off of a UNIX box, your path will probably look something like /mnt/web/guide/yourdomain/ or similiar for an absolute path.