Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

adding a picture to a record

Quote Reply
adding a picture to a record
hi carol! back to pick your brain again. i saw a post of yours a few days ago with the code i need to do this, but i have lost it now, and cant seem to find it again! perhaps you could lead me to it again....i'll keep looking too. in case it is easier for you to just repost the info....here are the specifics of what i want to do:

i want to include a "linked" thumbnail for automobiles that are pulled on a search. by clicking on the displayed thumbnail, you can view the full-sized picture. the actual image files will be stored on a different server than the script is on. i also want to use a default "no image available" for those vehicles that dont have a picture.

i cant believe i lost the bookmark for the thread....it answered all of these questions for me. if you can direct me to it again, i would appreciate it! thanx!

chuck

------------------
pres@cantonconnection.com
Quote Reply
Re: adding a picture to a record In reply to
Well, I did a search for photo and thumbnail on both forums and didn't come up with anything that had your name on it.

I'm going to have to start from scratch asking you questions.

Do you have fields in your database for the thumbnail graphic and the full photo? Are all of these in the same directory on some server somewhere or are they scattered throughout the web? Where is the "no image available" graphic? Or do you want to just display text?

------------------
JPD