Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

auth directory

Quote Reply
auth directory
When I unzip the file, is the index.html file supposed to be kept in an auth folder inside of the dbman folder in the cgi-bin?

It unzips all the files to the same directory and there is no auth directory.

Please advise
Quote Reply
Re: auth directory In reply to
You have to create your OWN /auth/ directory underneath the /cgi-bin/dbman/ directory!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
Oh, I did that, but what permissions need to be set on the index.html? the auth directory itself has the permissions set at 777 and the index.html at 640

Please Advise
Quote Reply
also Eliot... what permissions need to be set on the dbman file... I figured it was the same as the cgi-bin, so I set it at 755...Is this right??
Quote Reply
Uh...You do not need the index.html file. That blank file is only used for avoiding directory listing of your cgi-bin directory.

What permission did you set the db.cgi file?
Yes...it should be 755 (rwxr--r--). Read the README file. If English is not your native language, then use a translation program to translate the README file.

Most, if not all, your questions can be answered with the README FILE!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
----------------------

Quote Reply
OK Eliot.... now, for some crazy reason it's prompting me for a location to save the program on my hard drive when i type in...

http://www.printec.net/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi

The code reflects as follows:

$db_dir_url = "http://www.printec.net/cgi-bin/dbman";

Also, Are there any other programs that need to reflect a path to perl?? The only one that I have with it is the db.cgi file.

The code reflects as follows:

#!/bin/perl

&

$db_script_path = "";

This stuff is driving me crazy...
Quote Reply
You have the wrong Perl path in the db.cgi file and that is the only file that you execute via the browser, and thus the only file that you need to have the CORRECT Perl path!

Check with your hosting company and find out what your path is!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------