Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

can't find requested error / odd number of elements

Quote Reply
can't find requested error / odd number of elements
I have been plagued with a 'can't find requested record' error when attempting to either modify or delete existing database records.

Additionally, I am able to successfully add records to the database, however, when I reach the Record Added Success page the statement "Odd number of elements in hash list at ./html.pl line 144" appears and the data does not display in the appropriate fields.

I have been repeatedly banging my head against my desk but I am looking forward to 'stopping the violence' I would greatly appreciate any help that could be given.

The running script is located at http://www.ncac.com/cgi-bin/db.cgi
The copies of the files can be accessed at http://www.ncac.com/dbman

Kind regards,
Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: can't find requested error / odd number of elements In reply to
Hi Sarah,

Couple things I noticed:

Quote:
ID => [1, 'numer', 7, 25, -2, '', ''],

The database has to start from position 0, not 1. That's probably why you are getting the errors about delete/modify.

Quote:
$auth_user_field = 9;

Set that to -1 since you are not using user permissions (i.e. a user can view only their own record or modify only their own).

Quote:
VibrationAnalysisAndControl => [35, 'alpha', 0, 60, 1, '', ''],

Might want to chop off the last comma.

You can always create your definition using:

gossamer-threads.com/scripts/dbman/build.cgi

Which will hopefully make sure it's free of syntax errors (and you can have spaces in names as long as it's enclosed in quotes).

Sorry about the troubles, a lot of this could be helped with better documentation I know.

Hope that helps stop the violence! Smile

Cheers,

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex (edited January 14, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: can't find requested error / odd number of elements In reply to
Alex,

You are my hero... a God even! Thank you ever so much.

Your documentation in the ReadMe file and the config file are very clear, have just been braindead the past few days.

Thank you so much for your help!

-Sarah