Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

cgi vs cgi-bin

Quote Reply
cgi vs cgi-bin
My company recently changed the web server on which dbman is located and so I
changed the path names figuring then everything would work just fine. However, for some reason the database no longer gives a login in screen and gives all user admin rights(view,delete,modify,admin) and my 2nd database gives users no rights at all. The new web server does not have a cgi-bin instead the folder it is titled cgi. I was wondering if that might be the reason the database is not functioning correctly. Can you please give me some idea as to what could
possibly be causing the database to not work properly. THank you in advance. Smile
Reena
Quote Reply
Re: [Reena0330] cgi vs cgi-bin In reply to
It could be that the new servers uses a different method of encyrpting passwords.

Check the FAQ under "Admin" "Passwords"

for a thread reference called "Password file corrupted after server change"

This could be the problem.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Im not sure it is anything to do with password encryption otherwise you wouldn't be allowed to login at all.

Have you checked that the contents of default.pass are ok?

Last edited by:

RedRum: Oct 9, 2001, 4:01 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] cgi vs cgi-bin In reply to
Ya I checked the contents of the .pass file and it looks okay. I erased the file and created a new file just incase that was the problem, but that didn't help. I'm not sure what could be causing the problem. Is there anything that I should look at?
Reena
Quote Reply
hmmmm....

did your provider use backups, as in old ones?

do you have users owning the data that is being edited? possibly your defualt.db is fried?

new type of server setup?

I would even consider complaining to your provider since they screwed up your files ... myabe they could find the issues that are affecting you?

just some ideas.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile