Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

compilation errors

Quote Reply
compilation errors
As usual, nothing goes smoothly here. I followed your instructions. The permissions are set as shown. I think I made the changes as shown.

When I try to access the db.cgi file I get this message:The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, dahlg@ontarionorth.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.

When I run the script on the server (FREEBSD Unix) it fails due to compilation errors as follows:

syntax error in file db.cgi at line 57, next 2 tokens "new Benchmark"
syntax error in file db.cgi at line 63, next 2 tokens "new Benchmark"
syntax error in file db.cgi at line 72, next 2 tokens "My ("
syntax error in file db.cgi at line 109, next 2 tokens "$auth-signup and"

Being a newcomer to Unix and Perl, I don't know what these messages are telling me. I'm confused as I thought I was downloading something that was "almost ready to go". What am I doing wrong?

Quote Reply
Re: compilation errors In reply to
I've seen other who had this problem and it was due to not having the correct path to perl 5:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

Check that line it your db.cgi script and be sure you are directing to the correct path.

If that does not work, you may want to search for "token" and see what other solutions can be found.

Hope this helps :)