Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

continuing DBMan install problems...

Quote Reply
continuing DBMan install problems...
I still can't get DBMan working. Appropriate changes were made to default.cfg and db.cgi, and everything upload in ASCII mode. When I point my browser to the db.cgi file my server gives a pretty detailed account of what goes wrong. I'm not sure how to interpert it however. Could someone please check it out and let me know what I am doing wrong?

http://traderz.vr9.com/dbman/db.cgi

Also, it would be great if someone could just fix it for (note to moderator: I can change the password after the script is working).

[Note back from moderator: This is probably the most dangerous thing you can do. Most of the folks here are great people. But you never know when a yahoo might show up who could do some mega-damage. I have never before changed someone's post on the forum and I'm unlikely to again, unless someone posts their ftp password.]

Thanks,
Ryan McKillen

[This message has been edited by JPDeni (edited June 12, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: continuing DBMan install problems... In reply to
Ryan,

Your server booted me out or something but I think that your problem is in the db_script_path in db.cgi you have it set to data/dbman and I think you meant data/traderz/dbman but I reset it to
$db_script_path = ".";
and it is working now.

Mike

P.S. Regardless of whether you change your password later someone who wanted to be a jerk could do some real damage I would suggest a new password immediately!

[This message has been edited by mike1 (edited June 12, 1999).]