Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

custom fields

Quote Reply
custom fields
Ok, I need to know how to customize my add forms and login page, and so on. can anyone help?? thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: custom fields In reply to
Probably the easiest way to do it is to set autogenerate to 1 in the .cfg file (after you have defined your fields) and then run the script. Go to add a record and save the resulting form as an html page. That will give you some thing to start with.

You'll need to be familiar with html tags and to look closely at the example in the html.pl page.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
OK, which file would these be included in ( the things where i can customize the way the login screens look and what to have the user fill out in the add page?

thanks

------------------
Quote Reply
Ob ya, and another thing, how do i make myself the admin????

--thanks
Quote Reply
The form to fill in information is sub html_record_form in html.pl -- the display of each record is in sub html_record in html.pl

To make yourself admin, with your own username and password, log in with username "admin" and password "admin" (no quotes!) and then go to the "Admin" link at the bottom of the page. Add your username and password in the fields and check all of the boxes at the bottom of the screen. Click the "Create/Update User" button. Log off. Log on again with your new username and password. Go to the "Admin" link. Select the "admin" username. Click the "Delete" button.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Ok, but when i try tolog on as admin pword admin it says invalid name/password. and if i try to create an admin pword admin it says name aklready taken, what should i do?

--thanks
Quote Reply
ok, i go the admin prob. fixed, now i just need to know where to find the build_record or something function so i can customize the forms.
Quote Reply
All of the form and display definitions are in the html.pl file. Open them in a text editor and search for

sub html_record_form

It's pretty close to the beginning of the script.

That's where you can create a table with all of your input fields in it. Follow the patterns that are in the script to build your own, especially if you are using radio fields, select fields, or checkbox fields.

Then, to customize your display, go to the next subroutine -- sub html_record. Again, follow the patterns that are in the demo to get the correct syntax for displaying your results.

------------------
JPD