Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

invalid username/password after first login, need a second login to acces DB

Quote Reply
invalid username/password after first login, need a second login to acces DB
What is wrong here?

For accessing my database it is necessary to fill in the username and password TWO times. After the first login the error invalid username/password shows up. When adding the username and password again (second time), accessing the database is OK. This problem is also there when a guest (after making a new account) want to login for a second time.

After cleaning up the .db, .count, .pass. and .pass files the problem is still there. Go to http://www.caravans.nl/db/db.cgi?db=100 and login with guest or make an new account yourself to see the effect.

Help would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: [Joost] invalid username/password after first login, need a second login to acces DB In reply to
Works okay for me. Was able to create a new account and then log in from the login page that I was taken to after creating the account.

Get error message when logging in from the from the url you supplied though.

So... problem seems to be occuring between the two login screens. I'm comparing the two html files right now. If I find anything weird I'll let you know.

PS: When using the url without the "?db=100" part I get an internal error, which tells me something in your set-up may not be quite right.

A few minutes later...

Okay, found the problem... you have:

<input type="TEXT" name="User ID:">

on one form and

<input type="TEXT" name="userid" value="">

on the login error screen. Change the first one and it should solve your problem.

Good Luck!

Last edited by:

Watts: Dec 21, 2001, 11:00 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] invalid username/password after first login, need a second login to acces DB In reply to
Thanks for this quick reply,

I've have been checking the .pl file many times but missedthis one. Unsure
Noweverything works fine!

About the error when just using the url endingdb.cgi
Because of the use of more then one database the db.cgi scriptis still in standaard $db_setup = 'default'. The default.cfg is not on theserver, for this reason an error is giving. As far as I know this is not aproblem.

Quote Reply
Re: [Joost] invalid username/password after first login, need a second login to acces DB In reply to
As long as you name your .cfg file the same as your .db file you should have a problem with the db.cgi line which reads:

# Load the form information and set the config file and userid.
local(%in) = &parse_form;
$in{'db'} ? ($db_setup = $in{'db'}) : ($db_setup = 'default');

It will first look to match your $db_setup within forms, etc. and if it doesn't find a matching .db file with a .cfg file it will then look for one named default. You shouldn't ever have to change that line, or at least I haven't with using the same .cgi file for several databases.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/