Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

missing data::add success

Quote Reply
missing data::add success
hello,
i have searched across the dbman forums for a remedy to my problem (dbman related!) but the only similair problem was in the dbman customisation forum which was incomplete.

So i am trying anew. The problem is that after i have added a new record, the add success page has data missing from the fields i have just inputted although the data is there when i view the record. The page also only displays the first 2 fields from the record. The formatting seems fine in add success, the tables are there headings, footings even the bg color and field titles are there, just the data that i have inputted is missing.

Can anyone help??

cheers,
darrenb.
Quote Reply
Re: [darrenb] missing data::add success In reply to
after working through the rest of the program, it appears that there are other features affected as well.
If i try to modify a record, i select the record to i want to modify and click the modify button. This brings back an EMPTY file?

Also, if i select a record to delete, when i click the delete button, i get an error; " Error: Record(s) Not Deleted
The records with the following keys were not found in the database: '27'.

What on earth has happened??
Quote Reply
Re: [darrenb] missing data::add success In reply to
Just a guess, but it sounds like it could be a corrupt .db file. I would try uploading a blank (empty) .db file and resetting the .count file to 1 and see if that makes any difference. Then see if you can add, modify and delete.

Also, check your .cfg file and make sure all the fields are in numerical order starting at 0.

Regards- Tom Unimpressed
Tom58,
Excellent, i had changed the order of fields in my dafault.cfg starting at 1. As soon as i changed it back to a list starting with 0, it worked fine.

cheers mate.
regards,
darrenb.