Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

ok i'm stuck

Quote Reply
ok i'm stuck
I have modified the defualt.cfg file to create new feilds for my DB. But now it gives me an internal error (here it is "DBMan encountered an internal error. Please enable debugging to view.") and I have went over the .cfg file 3 times and everything looks good to me. The debugging option is set to on and it don't give me anymore info then that.
I have 17 fields though, is that the problem?

I really don't know what to check now. do I just email it to you for advise or did I give you enough info to point me in the right direction?

Please help, I really need this DB more then you might think.

Paladin

Quote Reply
Re: ok i'm stuck In reply to
Please copy your default.cfg file as a text file like default.txt and then upload the file to a publicly accessible directory in your WEB SERVER (not FTP) and then provide a link to the default.txt. Without seeing your default.cfg file, we have NO clue what changes you made and how to correct the file.

Regards,

Eliot

Quote Reply
Ok I uploaded them as you have asked. The default.db is the datafile but I have renamed a copy to show the txt extension so their are three total files that I have for you, default.cfg, default.db, and default.txt

They are located here
http://solaris7.addr.com/default.cfg
http://solaris7.addr.com/default.db
http://solaris7.addr.com/default.txt

Thanks allot for your help

Quote Reply
Okay...you sort of did what I asked...although NOTHING appeared in the default.txt file and I had to download the default.cfg file to my hard drive, which I do NOT prefer doing. Tongue

Anyway...Here are the problems that I see....

1) The following field names are not in correct formats:

* Stable Name
* No. wins
* No. lost
* Total fts
* No. Mechs
* No. Warriors
* Champ wins
* Cont. comp.

You first need to remove all periods and then use either underscores (_) between multiple words in the field names or enclose multiple words with single quotation marks (''), like the following:

Code:

Stable_Name

OR

Code:

'Stable Name'

2) If you had existing records in your database, you need to update your database to include these new fields you added, by adding delimiters into your default.db file. If you do not have existing records, start with a blank database file.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Eliot

Quote Reply
Ok man, I made those changes and added the first entry in to the default.db (i think thats what you meant) But its still giving me the same error?

I have also re-uploaded them to a same directory as before but with new names so that you would not have to download it.

Http://solaris7.addr.com/defaultcfg.txt = default.cfg
Http://solaris7.addr.com/default.txt = default.db

Thanks a million and if theirs anything I can do for you just ask :)
Paladin

Quote Reply
You still have errors in your default.cfg file:

Look at the following line of codes:

Code:

Category => 'Stable Name,Owner,AOS,No. wins',

The problem is that you do NOT have a field called Category and the values in this select field are actual fields in your database!

Same thing with the other "field" you have in the %db_select_fields hash:

Code:

Type => 'Stable,AOS,Contract,Mechwarriors,Mechs'

You need to do one of the following:

1) Delete the values in the %db_select_fields hash if you are not going to use the fields "Category" and "Type".

2) If you are going to use "Category" and "Type", then you need to delete all the fields you are using as VALUES in the "fields" in the %db_def hash.

I think you are confused about how to use the %db_select_fields hash, which is used to create a drop-down menu of FIELDS within the %db_def hash.

Regards,

Eliot

Quote Reply
Ok, I can tell your getting a little frustrated with me. I fixed that and also found that the $auth_user_field had field position that was being used by another item, I fixed that and it still did not work.

What i'm going to do is start over from scratch and see what I get, it seems simple enough but I don't understand why I can't get it right. I do appreciate all your help though, you have shined allot of light on things for me.

Thanks

Quote Reply
Welp...that would probably be best at this point.

Regards,

Eliot