Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

search fails!

Quote Reply
search fails!
Is there a problem with the 'Description' field in the dbman demo? Every time I try to do a search with only the 'description' field filled out, it returns a Search Failed error, even if I type verbatim what is in an existing db entry. All the other fields seem to work fine. I haven't changed any of the original code.

thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: search fails! In reply to
I seem to recall something in db.cgi about not doing searches in fields that have a maximum of over a certain length. 1000? I'm not sure. Take a look in db.cgi in the query subroutine and you should be able to find it.

------------------
JPD
Quote Reply
Since it works fine on the online demo, a URL would help immensely. Also, a URL to where we can see your config!

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
www.epilogue.net/

thanks

[This message has been edited by luthien (edited January 18, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Worked fine for me? I did a search for 'love' in the Description field and it pulled up 1 record.

What did you try searching for?

Also:

Quote:
I seem to recall something in db.cgi about not doing searches in fields that have a maximum of over a certain length. 1000

That's SQL vesrion only, and the limit is 255 and is usually dependant on what SQL server you are using. Smile

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
hmmm, it seems to be working for me now also?! strange things are afoot at the circle-K Smile