Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

searching for one of multiple words

Quote Reply
searching for one of multiple words
Hi:

I am basically doing a drinks recipes database and I have four inputs for ingredients. Lets say that SO fills them like this: vodka (ingredient 1), beer (2), lemon (3), orange juice (4).
In the search screen I want to give people the chance of giving the ingredients they have and see if any record match. If someone puts beer, vodka, orange juice ,lemon or even just fills vodka, they should get the above addition (even if ingredient 1 doesn't match ingredient 1 of the recipe). Is this possible?
(in an ideal solution i would like to allow people to search for matches for "all the ingredients" or "any of the ingrdients" they fill)
I tried to do it in another way, letting people in keyword search type more than one ingredient but then i dont get matches unless i type them in the same exact order.

I hope you understand what I mean here and if you see any other way of doing this, that i haven't think of, please let me know.
Quote Reply
Re: searching for one of multiple words In reply to
Hi,

Funny, this scripts been around almost a year, and no one's mentioned keyword searching. Now in the past two weeks, I've had like four requests. =)

At the present moment, the only way to accomplish what you want is to have separate fields for each ingrediant, and just make a checkbox whether the drink contains the ingrediant. Then people can search by checking off ingrediants.

I am looking at including that feature in future versions.

Cheers,

Alex