Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

server has told me to setup cgi but login wont wor

Quote Reply
server has told me to setup cgi but login wont wor
To enable CGI first click on the 24Link icon in the taskbar, press the "Options" button and select the CGI tab. Then do the following:

Check the "Allow CGI requests" field
Enter "C:\Program Files\24Link\docroot\cgi-bin\" in the "Folder that contains your CGI scripts" field.
Press the "OK" button What do I put in here?
You CGI system is now activated. It will be remain activated forever or until you return to the CGI tab and uncheck the "Allow CGI request" field.

Quote Reply
Re: server has told me to setup cgi but login wont wor In reply to
I am perfectly willing to help you as much as I can. But you need to decide whether you want to work with me directly through private messages or you want to post your questions to the forum for others to try to help too. It doesn't matter to me which one you want to do, but please choose one and stick with it.

Also, if you're going to post to the forum, you can reply to your own messages. If you think you may have a number of different issues, give the topic a general "Help!" title and go from there. There is no need to start a whole lot of topics each time you come up with a problem.

My guess is that this is more of an issue with your server software than with DBMan. Is there anyone you can contact at 24Link who might be able to configure your software?

JPD
Quote Reply
Re: server has told me to setup cgi but login wont wor In reply to
This is what the 24link cgi setup has asked me to do but it still says cant find page when i try to login? i will work with you on your private message line thanks
Activating CGI on your 24Link Webserver

To enable CGI first click on the 24Link icon in the taskbar, press the "Options" button and select the CGI tab. Then do the following:

Check the "Allow CGI requests" field
Enter "C:\Program Files\24Link\docroot\cgi-bin\" in the "Folder that contains your CGI scripts" field.
Press the "OK" button

You CGI system is now activated. It will be remain activated forever or until you return to the CGI tab and uncheck the "Allow CGI request" field.