Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

wrong fields in list view

Quote Reply
wrong fields in list view
 Smile Something stranged happened after 02.26.99 when ever you perform a list view the records don't match the fields as of 02.27.99. However when you add, search, modify, delete, or any other method of bringing up a record, the field shows as expected. I can enter new information today and problem still exists. All records prior to 2.26.99 look fine. Strange since I haven't made any modifications to DBman files for over 1 1/2 weeks.
any ideas? if you're interesested; try it. Thanks for any help. sign is as dbman/dbman
http://cnts.hypermart.net/cgi-bin/tci_richmond/db.cgi

[This message has been edited by paulluke (edited February 28, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: wrong fields in list view In reply to
I'm not sure what it is, but do you have file locking on? This might be the type of thing Alex has talked about with corrupting the database file if file locking isn't used.

------------------
JPD
Quote Reply
Stranger still, It's okay now, I took my kids to the Jungle game place, returned to check any replies to my request and it works fine now. JPDeni did you do something? Somewhere I read Flock does not work with Win95. This is what I am using. Did you access DBman with something else? and maybe relocked if this is possible? Perplexed since I am afraid it will happen again Frown
Quote Reply
All I did was search for records. I didn't write anything to the file.

You are right. You can't use file locking with Win95. I don't know if that was the cause of your problem, though.

The only thing I can suggest is, if it happens again, take your kids to the Jungle game place! Smile

Maybe Alex will have a better idea. But I'm sure your kids would prefer my solution!! Wink

------------------
JPD
Quote Reply
Welllllllll, you get the credit for fixing it. I will take the kids there next time if it happens again. You're right my girls would prefer your solution.
You're ahhhhhsuuuum Wink Have a cup of earl gray, no milk, no sugar Smile
Quote Reply
Why, thank you kind sir! Smile It is about time for a cuppa about now.

------------------
JPD

All my advice is offered on the basis of kindness-ware. If I've helped you to solve a problem, go out of your way to be kind to someone today.

Quote Reply
Hello JPDeni,

You are changing my life ! In fact on last Saturday I've just bought my first box of Earl Grey to understand better DBman and Perl. Some programmers are now afficionados with an iced tea named JAVA. Maybe we will recognize DBman experts in the next future to their cup of Earl Grey !

Grey...tings from SwitzerLANd,
Germinator

[This message has been edited by Germinator (edited March 01, 1999).]
Quote Reply
LOL!!! You made my day!! I'm changing the word, one cup of tea at a time!!!

------------------
JPD

All my advice is offered on the basis of kindness-ware. If I've helped you to solve a problem, go out of your way to be kind to someone today.

Quote Reply
This made me giggle so much I just had to bring it back to the top for Carol to see again.

What great problem solving Smile

LOL