Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

A Warning with the 2.2.1 upgrade

Quote Reply
A Warning with the 2.2.1 upgrade
Hi,

I've just done an upgrade from 2.2.0 to 2.2.1, I asked the install to overwrite my previous database.

Once I had provided the username and password for MySQL I found in the plug-ins area that the only plug-in I had there (previously I had around 10) was Andy's Google plug-in that I hadn't installed but was in the list at the bottom.

I actually didn't expect to find any plug-ins (which shows how much I know about the upgrade process Blush) but when I tried to re-install them I got the message :
"plugin already exists. Do you want to overwrite"

As discussed in this thread :
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=207560#207560

I had a brand new plugin.cfg file which is not good by the way because this is the file that when wiped leaves you with no recognised plug-ins even though there may be a whole load of them there.

I had a backup copy from two weeks ago thanks to Ian, pugdog etc. discussion above but I had installed the really cool ExtraStats plug-in from Laura in between time and now I'm going to have to figure out how to delete and re-install this and her other plug-in.

Anyway I just thought I'd let you know since this is easily avoided by saving a copy of your plugin.cfg file now and again. Wink It's in the /admin/Plugins folder.

John
Significant Media