Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Probs with category imports and page.cgi

Quote Reply
Probs with category imports and page.cgi
Hi alex.

Im still getting duplicated Categories in my directory after an import. And when clicking on dynamic i get the list of categories, but then i get an error after clickin on one of these.

Code:
A fatal error has occured:

Failed to execute query: 'SELECT RelatedID,RelationName FROM CatRelations WHERE CategoryID = '218' ' Reason: Unknown column 'RelationName' in 'field list' at (eval 3) line 78.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

Stack Trace
======================================
Links (4027): Links::environment called at /home//cgi-bin/lsql/admin/Links.pm line 450 with no arguments.Links (4027): Links::fatal called at /home//cgi-bin/lsql/admin/GT/Base.pm line 271 with arguments (Failed to execute query: 'SELECT RelatedID,RelationName FROM CatRelations WHERE CategoryID = '218' ' Reason: Unknown column 'RelationName' in 'field list' at (eval 3) line 78.
).Links (4027): GT::Base::error_handler called at (eval 3) line 78 with arguments (Failed to execute query: 'SELECT RelatedID,RelationName FROM CatRelations WHERE CategoryID = '218' ' Reason: Unknown column 'RelationName' in 'field list' at (eval 3) line 78.
).Links (4027): Links::Build::build_category called at /home/
/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 91 with arguments (HASH(0x83f8248)).Links (4027): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /home//cgi-bin/lsql/admin/Links/Build.pm line 43 with arguments (GT::Plugins, /home//cgi-bin/lsql/admin/Plugins, build_category, *Links::Build::build_category, HASH(0x83f8248)).Links (4027): Links::Build::build called at /home//cgi-bin/lsql/page.cgi line 129 with arguments (category, HASH(0x83f8248)).Links (4027): main::generate_category_page called at /home//cgi-bin/lsql/page.cgi line 60 with no arguments.Links (4027): main::main called at /home//cgi-bin/lsql/page.cgi line 21 with no arguments.
Regards

MDJ1
http://www.isee-multimedia.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Probs with category imports and page.cgi In reply to
You need to run the alter table command I mentioned:

alter table CatRelations add RelationName varchar(255);

Your CatRelations table doesn't have RelationName.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi Alex,

I've followed your instructions in the other thread and added the new section to the table. and repaired tables, but im still getting the same errors!!!

I can't build form telnet either???

Regards

MDJ1
http://www.isee-multimedia.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

I did a DESCRIBE CatRelations and got:

CategoryID int(10) unsigned MUL 0
RelatedID int(10) unsigned 0

Which means that the new field wasn't added. I cut and pasted:

alter table CatRelations add RelationName varchar(255)

into the SQL monitor and hit ok, and it added it in ok.

How did you do it before?

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.