Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Links SQL vs. eSyndiCat?

Quote Reply
Links SQL vs. eSyndiCat?
What are your take on eSyndiCat compare to Links SQL?

-Huck..
Quote Reply
Re: [Huckle] Links SQL vs. eSyndiCat? In reply to
Hi Huck,

I have been using GLinks for many years now, however haven't used eSyndiCat, but just checked out their demo. eSyndiCat seems okay - but comparing it with GLinks is just not fair. GLinks is way ahead of others.

Based on my experience, I doubt you will find anything that is even close to GLinks. Hands-down, GLinks is the best product in the market today.

Some might think of GLinks as a directory software, however if you know how to use it, then you are limited only by your imagination. GLinks can be used for almost anything from a directory to a news portal - from a joke site to top of the line yellow pages - dating site to a classified directory. Auto Portal or an Affiliate Site... and the list goes on and on. With a single install of GLinks, you can manage a site that can hold Directory, Articles, Classified, Photo Gallery, News, Product Reviews, Press Release, Glossary, FAQ.. etc. The template section of GLinks is very powerful and gives you total control on how you want manage your website.

I am pretty confident that with HTML+CSS knowledge and some proper use of common-sense you can make just about any type of site or a portal using GLinks.

I don't know about eSyndicat staff - however I have dealt with GT Team on several occasions & will say that they are 'excellent'. I mean, Alex, Jack, Adrian (I only know these 3 names) and everyone else actually seem eager to help you solve your problem.

P.S. Not to mention the wonderful community that is here at GT Forum. I would love to list the experts who are willing to help and have helped me tons of time, however that list would be too damn big. But still Andy, Laura, Dat, Chris, Pugdog, Jag, Adrian would fall on the top of my list. (Sorry I know I haven't listed all).

Bud you might be paying a small price for GLinks, however it is worth every penny and way way way more - and I am telling you this based on my personal experience.

Hope this helps.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] Links SQL vs. eSyndiCat? In reply to
I have an Esyndicat Directory now for several years . It is no doubt a fine Directory script but has many limitations and is the reason I went to PHPLD script which is a better script. However it too has some flaws which is the main reason Im here and at another script as I am looking for the best.....If I can get these guys to migrate one of my PHPLD scripts for free...I wont look any further...hehe

Last edited by:

spin: Oct 11, 2007, 11:20 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [spin] Links SQL vs. eSyndiCat? In reply to
Hi spin,

Unfortunately, we're unable to create an import script at no cost, but if you're ever interested in commissioning it as custom work, let me know.

Jack.
Quote Reply
Re: [Huckle] Links SQL vs. eSyndiCat? In reply to
Huckle wrote:
What are your take on eSyndiCat compare to Links SQL?

-Huck..

Hi Huckle,

I currently have an Unlimited Install License for eSyndicat Pro, which I purchased about a year ago. Since then, the ability for the script to obtain Google pagerank at the time that a link is submitted to the directory has stopped working. The guys at eSyndicat have released a new version, which they say people with Unlimited Install Licenses is supposed to have free access to (that was the agreement when I made the purchase).

Anyhow, eSyndicat is not supporting people properly that have the Unlimited Install Licenses. When we go to download the upgrade from our download areas, we are being prompted to purchase a new license. I've been in contact with eSyndicat about this, and they say they will fix the problem ASAP. That was a week ago and the problem still hasn't been fixed for my account with them.

That, my friend, is why I am here now.

I have used Links 2.0 in the past, and it works great. I am anticipating as good, if not better results from G-Links!

BTW - I already have one site that is powered by eSyndicat Pro. It is quite buggy. I've used online SEO tools to try and evaluate my pages on that site, and they do not evaluate properly. Even the guys at Trellian were unable to add my site to their list of enignes in SubmitWolf Pro because of these problems. If you do decide to go with eSyndicat Pro, do so at your own risk.

-- Roy Pope
Quote Reply
Re: [blueaegis] Links SQL vs. eSyndiCat? In reply to
Updating my last reply to this thread -

I finally got support from the guys at eSyndicat a couple days ago. Now that I finally have the upgrade to the script, I am really sorry that I ever bothered downloading it. I've already posted four bugs to their site's forum, and there are a few more that I've logged but haven't had time to post. Plus, eSyndicat's usage of Smarty tags in their PHP and templates is so confusing that nobody can seem to figure out how to modify or create templates for this program. Sure, they have a few templates that you can download, but their tables break and div tags misalign when the browser is resized. I've been working in HTML and PHP for years, and I've never encountered a mess such as this. I've developed templates for some of the largest PHP scripts on the market with ease, but after three days of hacking away at their code I cannot figure out how more than half of their Smarty tags work. I'm sure that, over time, I'll figure it out, but I really don't have the time to waste right now trying to learn new coding languages and methods. It could be a really nice program if they had stuck to pure PHP and HTML templates instead of pulling the stunts that they are pulling.

Anyhow! I just purchased G-Links and will be purchasing many of the plugins as well. That ought to tell you which of the two is the better program.

-- Roy Pope