Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Different template for New - Cool Sites ?

Quote Reply
Different template for New - Cool Sites ?
Can we make different template for new and cool sites ? I'll try to make it and make some mod in nph_build.cgi , HTML_Templates.pm and Links.pm but when I "build all" , there's error message :

Building What's New 2 ...
Making Directory (493): '/home/musikita/htdocs/html/New2' ...mkdir failed! Reason: Permission denied.
Content-type: text/html

Software error:
unable to open what's new page: /home/musikita/htdocs/html/New2/index.shtml. Reason: No such file or directory at /home/musikita/htdocs/cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-build.cgi line 626.

If this topic has been discussing in this forum, can someone help me where it is. Thanks. :)

Quote Reply
Re: Different template for New - Cool Sites ? In reply to
You need to first create the directory: New2 and then change the permission of the directory/folder to 777 (drwxrwxrwx).

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Hi Eliot,

Thanks it work.
I just thinking before that links will make the directory automatically. Well, We must make the directory with manual.

Cherrs,
EG

Quote Reply
I believe that this will not be a problem with the new LINKS SQL with the plugin system that is being developed. But for earlier versions of LINKS SQL (and Links 2.0 for that matter), you need to create the directories and set permissions manually.

Regards,

Eliot Lee