Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Possible admin modify bug

Quote Reply
Possible admin modify bug
I just noticed that if you have a site that has status "-6" and modify one of its fields such as the URL, you get an error, "Status (Invalid Format)." If you go back and change the status to 200, it will make the change just fine.

Is this intentional? I could conceive of situations where you might want to change a description (i.e. "this site is currently inaccessible) but not change the status. Of course, the "status" screen keeps manually changed links in memory until you verify it again, so it probably doesn't make too big of a difference...

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Possible admin modify bug In reply to
This is a bug, edit DBSQL.pm and look for:

$val = '^\d*\.?\d*$';

and change it to:

$val = '^\-?\d*\.?\d*$';

or, just edit your .defs and change the regular expression to validate int's to the above one.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Hi Alex, I made the change to DBSQL.pm (there are two spaces after $val in case anyone's trying to find the line by a search), but it still gives the same error when trying to modify a link with a negative status code.

Dan
Quote Reply
Hi Dan,

Sorry, that change will fix things if you ever re-create your .defs. To fix things now, you'll need to go to Links->Edit Table Definitions, and then change the regular expressions manually to the new one I showed.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Thanks Alex, that worked. I also made the change to the validate table, just in case someone modifies their link knowing the listing is wrong...

Dan