Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Search engine feature within GossMail?

Quote Reply
Search engine feature within GossMail?
Some questions about customising GossMail:

(1) Is it possible to add a new field to each mail that sits in the inbox. This field could be annotated by the receipient of that email, e.g. to record notes about that particular post and keep this note, as a 'comment box', if you will, for their own personal use only - appearing say just underneath the actual mail on the web page?

(2) Is it possible for users of the GossMail service to use a search engine-type feature within this app to search for emails by keyword? The results would show all positive hits from everyone's email inbox?

(3) Related to the above, is it possible users can make certain mails "private" so they are not picked up by the search engine?

I am guessing none of this is in the shipped version of GossMail - but is it possible to hack it - so as to deliver those 3 elements of functionality mentioned above?

Hoping it is so...

Thanks
Steve
Quote Reply
Re: [cuppa] Search engine feature within GossMail? In reply to
Quote:
(2) Is it possible for users of the GossMail service to use a search engine-type feature within this app to search for emails by keyword? The results would show all positive hits from everyone's email inbox?

Breach of users privacy.

Quote:
(3) Related to the above, is it possible users can make certain mails "private" so they are not picked up by the search engine?

Emails are always "Private"

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
==================================
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] Search engine feature within GossMail? In reply to
HyTC

Ha! I agree with all your comments. My fault for not making it clear. The use I had intended for GossMail would have made it EXPLICIT that we would hide mails marked as 'private' - just that 'private" and those marked 'public' available for viewing by anyone.

However I have found that links SQL better suits my needs so effectively this post is closed from my pov.

However I have one last question that someone might be able to help with.

Is it possible to for a link owner within Links SQL to easily email individual links from their web browser? In otherwords is their some way for GossMail and Links SQL to be integrated together? (I will also ask similar questions in Links SQL forum)

Thanks
Steve