Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

A Second Hit Counting Script?

Quote Reply
A Second Hit Counting Script?
Is it possible to have a 2nd jump.cgi but keep all the id's the same so that someone can put in a primary url and a secondary url and if they click on either of the links it adds a hit to the counter?

Any help would be very grateful..

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: A Second Hit Counting Script? In reply to
You are making this too complicated.

If you show me what your database looks like, I can probably change the jump.cgi for you, and you just change the link.html file.

I've hacked jump.cgi more than any of the other scripts Smile
Quote Reply
Ok here is a database entry

2|Jul-20-1999|Battery|Stable 0.6|February 7, 1999|0.2|GPL| |X11_Software/Administration/APM| |/files/Administration/battery-0.6.tar.gz|/files/Administration/battery-0.5-i386.rpm|ftp://ftp .kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/apps/utils| |New_Program|Description|test|test@test.com|2|Yes|No|0|0|No| |

i have previously downloaded this 2 times as you can see Smile and there are the 2 paths next to each other there... battery-0.6 and battery-.05

thanks alot!
Quote Reply
Also i just realized that when i have the list of both files either one that i click on goes the same plase.. that might just be jump.cgi not knowig what do do with 2 files.. i am not sure.. but here is my html code for the part of links.html

<li><a href="<%db_cgi_url%>/jump.cgi?ID=<%ID%>"><b>Download Source</b></a><%endif%>
<%if RPMLocation%>
<li><a href="<%db_cgi_url%>/jump.cgi?ID=<%ID%>"><b>Download Binary</b></a><%endif%>
<%if Version%>
Quote Reply
i plan on making my jump.cgi a 8 url database.. so it has

Code:
1|url1|url2|url3|url4|url5|url6|url7|url8

and add to the hits still.. but i don't know when i will start.. cause it doesn't seem that important to me..

jerry
Quote Reply
oh yea.. and each url is called like this

jump.cgi?ID=1&type=PPC&cpu=MIPS

in my case it's like that.. but you can do it based on numbers.. like URL=1 Smile

jerry
Quote Reply
Yea that is the way i thought it should be but i am not a perl expert i know a little perl but not enough to do that.. if you already have done that or know how do you think you could post it? or maybe let me know which files i should be looking at so i can get url.db looking like 1|url1|url2
and then perhaps do jump.cgi?ID=1&url=2 or would be ur&url=1 for the first url...

thanks alot
Quote Reply
"if you tell me what the expirator does.. i'll do it.. but i would like to make at least $10 out of it .. and i am serious about the $10 btw.. reason.. cause i've been doing too much for free lately.. hehe
jerry"

Well if you can help me out with this mod i will gladly pay you > 10$ also. I really need this mod and i am serious about the $$ too Smile
Quote Reply
ok! can do! Smile

i emailed you