-------------------------------------------
ID : 143

Environment Variables

and blah, blah, blah

Quote Reply
Re: Can somebody here help me with this error In reply to
Yea...permission problem...

Can't open file = PERMISSION ERROR

Make sure that the review.db or whatever file you are using for the reviews is set to 666 (rw-rw-rw).

You wouldn't by chance be using Widgetz's (jerrysu) mod Review.cgi Mod, would you?

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
i tried chmod the review.db to 666 but still came up with same error, and yes i'm using widget's great mod!

Quote Reply
Make sure that the directory where the review.db file is located that you have changed the permission of that directory to 777 (drwxrwxrx).

And, how did you get the Mod??? The Mod has been unavailable since July 3rd and it is NOT allowed to be distributed by other Links 2.0 users. Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
the review.db was in the data folder and i believed that was already chmod to 777, and regarding mod, i have it a long time ago, but just want to setup it current!

Quote Reply
And you have been a registered user since Oct-15-2000??? Hmm...that does not make sense! Wink

Anyway....check the configurations for the Review Mod in the links.cfg file. Make sure that you have the correct path and file name specified toward the bottom of the file.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
how do u suppose to edit the link.cfg for this mod, i don't know u have to edit the links.cfg

Quote Reply
Well...you have to identify the review.db via the links.cfg. Are you sure you are using Widgetz's modification??? Because there are explicit edits you must make in the links.cfg file. Who gave you the this modification?

Quote Reply
The truth is i don't remember, i have a whole bunch of links 2 mods inside a folder, and inside one zip file, i found review.cgi, review.db, and that's y i believed i grabbed it off a while ago when it's still up, and if someone did give me script, then they would certainly tell me how to setup!please help, i really want to use this mod!

Quote Reply
Anyone know what to integrate into links.cfg to make the review mod works?

Quote Reply
It does take time for people to respond to Threads. It looks like either you are NOT using Widgetz's Modification OR you are using another Review script. If you are using Widgetz's Mod, then make sure that you ALSO have the $db_valid_name defined accordingly in the review.def file. And if you do not have a file called review.def in the REVIEW files, then you are not using Widgetz's Modification.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
i do have the review.def, can u tell me specifically how to edit it to work for me?

Quote Reply
Right now i have installed the this mod, but however, where am i suppose to go for validation of submittion of reviews, i didn't see any admininistration area that came with the review package, please help, thx:)

Quote Reply
There is none really...You have to hack the admin_html.pl by adding additional links in the sub navigation routine and also creating another sub html_validate_form for the reviews that come in.

The way that the Mod is set-up is that reviews are automatically validated when you build your directory.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Can u please help me in this part, i have no idea on how to mod the admin_html and create a sub html_validate_form! thx for ur time!

Quote Reply
i got the admin_html hacked and added the validate form there, but after i validated a ex review and building my pages, then i try to access the site with the review, heres what happens
CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : fatal error: Illegal division by zero at /home/virtualserver/public_html/sites/links2/admin/site_html_templates.pl line 1074.

Script Location : /home/virtualserver/public_html/sites/links2/review.cgi
Perl Version : 5.006

Form Variables
-------------------------------------------

Quote Reply
can somebdy please help? any experts around here?

Quote Reply
!!!!!!!!please this poorly little kid here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Reply
The error message means that you do NOT have any reviews in the reviews.db file. Add some reviews and validate them.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
this happens after i validated a link!i tried to comment out the error line 1074, then illegal division near zero at 1075, but when i comment out both, the error message is gone, however no reviews can be shown, and graph is not shown. only info uner Review Info is shown:
Number of Ratings 1
Breakdown of Ratings
Sites 2k Rating 8.00
Highest Rating 8
Lowest Rating 8
Number of Reviews 1

line 1074: $totalpages = int($reviews/$reviews_per_page);

line 1075: if ($totalpages < $reviews/$reviews_per_page) { $totalpages++; }

Quote Reply
What tags are you using in the review.html template file?

BTW: This error has been discussed before in this forum.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
<STYLE>A {
COLOR: #FFFFFF; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: 12px; TEXT-DECORATION: none
}
A:hover {
COLOR: #AEBCD2; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: 12px; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
</STYLE>
<body bgcolor="#000000" text="#FFFFFF" link="#FFFFFF" vlink="#FFFFFF" alink="#FFFFFF">
<p>
<table width="75%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="center" border="0">
<tr>
<td>
<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#7384BD">
<tr>
<td>
<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="1" bordercolor="#7384BD">
<tr>
<td width="33%" valign="middle"><font face="verdana, arial" size="2"><b><a href="mailto:<%Contact Email%>"><font color="#FFFFFF"><%Contact Name%></font></a></b></font></td>
<td width="33%" valign="middle"><font face="verdana, arial" size="2"><b><font color="#FFFFFF">Rating:</font></b>
<font color="#FFFFFF"><%Rating%></font></font></td>
<td width="33%" align="right" valign="middle"><font face="verdana, arial" size="2" color="#FFFFFF"><%Date%></font></td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<td><font face="verdana, arial" size="2"><%Review%></font></td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

Quote Reply
thx for all the help, the review.cgi runs fine now!

Quote Reply
Good.

Regards,

Eliot Lee