Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Change Links 2.0 Site_html.pl and NOT the templates HTML files??? or both?

Quote Reply
Change Links 2.0 Site_html.pl and NOT the templates HTML files??? or both?
I dont know how LINKS 2.0 works at ALL!

First, There are templates HTML Files under Admin/Templates... and there is a file called Site_HTML.pl

I modified ALL The HTML Templates Files under Admin/Templates.. and didn't bother with Site_Template.pl .. After Created LInks... It looks like in its orginal look!.. I have NO idea what to do...

Can anyone answere this simple question???

I Want to modify the WHOLe thing and look like Yahoo.. What are the Changes should I tackle FIRST??

Templates HTML FILES or Site__html.pl OR Site_html_Templates.pl

Because see, Site_html_templates.pl FILE is associate w/ TEMPLATES HTML FILE ( The Name is confused PEOPLE!)...

IN LInks V1.11 .. I OnLY Have to change the Site_html.pl to the way I want it to be, but IN LINKS v. 2.0 ,, HOW DO YOU KNOW what to CHANGE??

I DONT KNOW ... PLease REply w/ TIPS, Tricks, and SOLUTIONS....

I WILL thank You Millions!

------------------
WebKing
WebKing@trisoft.net
http://www.trisoft.net
My ICQ # 25356171
Quote Reply
Re: Change Links 2.0 Site_html.pl and NOT the templates HTML files??? or both? In reply to
If you want to use templates with Links v2.0, you must:

1. Set $build_use_templates = 1; (in links.cfg).

2. Edit the template files the way you want them to appear (they use regular html code intermixed with <%links_tags%> which act like macros).

3. Build the pages. Links will use site_html_templates.pl automatically.

If you do not want to use templates in Links v2.0, you can import your site_html.pl from Links v1 to the v2 site_html.pl. I wouldn't just replace it, import your html from the old one and put it in the new one. Be sure to set $build_use_templates = 0; in links.cfg.

[This message has been edited by Bobsie (edited March 13, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Change Links 2.0 Site_html.pl and NOT the templates HTML files??? or both? In reply to
This is all i need..

Thanks BOB!... You Are The GREATEST!

Thanks again!

------------------
WebKing
WebKing@trisoft.net
http://www.trisoft.net
My ICQ # 25356171