Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Links Download Archive

Quote Reply
Links Download Archive
The Links Download Archive is now available in English!

Here's a short synopsis:

The Links Download Archive was originally based on Nicky's German Links version and features a variety of add-ons and modifications such as the Subcats Mod, Editor's Picks, the Lastlink Mod, Updated & 3-Level New Mod, AV Span Pages, to name just a few. Furthermore, a couple of new fields have been added to the database (System, Price, Licence, Language...).

[To the over-zealous: yes, all mod authors were contacted and approved the use of their mods!] Wink

Last, but not least, the Download Archive also sports new templates, skillfully designed by Jan, webmaster of dieBlend.de.

Please refer to the Readme_Archive.txt file for further information on all modifications and features.

Demo | Download | Support

Enjoy!
Quote Reply
Antwort: [Tho:mas] Links Download Archive In reply to
hi all,

to browse the whole german forum use this link http://forum.nicky.net/?styleid=4 if you are not registered..
----
ciao
nicky
Quote Reply
Re: [Tho:mas] Links Download Archive In reply to
This download does not work, is there any place I can get it, or maybe have someone e-mail it to me?

Thanks,

SaintDog
Quote Reply
Re: [SaintDog] Links Download Archive In reply to
Nicky's server is currently being relocated to another data center, so please try again.
Quote Reply
Nicky.net works now, but your form to mail cgi do not works !

Tried to register, filling out the form

http://www.nicky.net/...download/request.cgi

But got always a 500 Error ! :(
Quote Reply
Re: [Simone] Links Download Archive In reply to
Nicky hasn't completed his server transfer yet. Once everything's settled, you will be able to request the script.
Quote Reply
I filled out the form and it says they will process my information or whatever.

It's been 2 days.....how long does it take before they send it?

Isn't there some place where i can just d/l it??
Quote Reply
Re: [ricknuttz] Links Download Archive In reply to
hi,

can someone send me this script??

When I fill out every feild on the form and click submit, it juz goes to an error page.

"Error:

You have to accept our Copyright Notice!
And/Or fill out all fields!
"

Thankz
Most Wanted Bad Boyz
http://www.mwbadboyz.com
Quote Reply
Re: [brown_tigga] Links Download Archive In reply to
If you want to download the mod,You must not use yahoo,hotmail E-Mail address. see the http://forum.nicky.net/

support forum:

English Gossamer Links 2.xx Version

Last edited by:

leo2200: Apr 21, 2002, 6:02 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Tho-chan] Links Download Archive In reply to
Is this still available? The download link is not working.

Thanks very much. Smile

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] Links Download Archive In reply to
Nicky has pulled his Links page, I'll see if the English version is still available somewhere.
Quote Reply
Wink Hey guys,

I found a place to nab Nickey's Template mod. Of course it's in "Germ-lish", a combination of German and English. I don't think he's hiding, I think he's just been really busy.

This ones in English: templatepack02_en.zip

I spidered him and found it here; http://www.imagefolio.de/links_mods/

On another note;

This is my 4th year as a Links user and I have to say that I have really been happy with the product. I'm not the only developer or webmaster that feels this way, I'm sure.

I first found the gossamer site in '98 and started on Version 1.x and my site at the time, FREE Developer's Resources, did stats over 30,000 + a day. Average! I gave away 8 million code snippets in 4 years to 3,765,472 developers and had an E-Zine readership of over 80,000.

Well, I went to Europe for the summer last year and when I returned, I found my site had been hosed by Useractive Admin coz I missed (2) $6.95 payments that were denied on my credit card. (I lost it and had it cancelled)

Needless to say for less than $14, Useractive picked up more than 10 million visitors a year from the redirects. They offered to restore my site for a small fee of $200 an hour, with an (8) hour minimum. I think they are liking the new traffic! Don't you! You should see the Useractive site now, fully remodeled with a new IBM S7A Server running AIX 4.3.3 and Apache HTTP. (About $750k)

There's a lesson to be learned from it I guess and I am picking up the pieces with a new "!FREE WebSite Promotion" concept, with over $10,000.00 worth of tools and services for users to plunder at their leisure.

I said all that to say this;
  1. Although money isn't everything, always pay your hosting bill.
  2. Don't ignore the nasty-grams they send you about bandwidth
  3. Appreciate those who bring happiness to your life.

Thanks Gossamer for the Free SourceWare and for extending your hand of support! -- This budz for you mister web site developer guys!

Thanks Nick and everyone else for the cool mods!

And a special thanks to all the other partners and mod gurus for going the extra mile, when you didn't even have to, just because!

M-n-M,

WebMaster@traffication.com
Quote Reply
Does anyone have the Download Archive MOD? Could someone please post a URL or send it to mastermind@techemail.com

I've looked everywhere for this mod and the nicky.net webiste is dead.

LMK
Thanks

MasterMind
Quote Reply
Re: [MasterMind] Links Download Archive In reply to
Download it from here: http://www.motorrad-link.de/...od/linksdownload.htm
Quote Reply
Re: [Thomas.] Links Download Archive In reply to
Does anyone have this MOD? All of the above links are dead of the download :( I've been looking everywhere for it... Please, if someone has it, let me know I would really appreciate it!!!
Quote Reply
Re: [boom] Links Download Archive In reply to
Yes i have also not found the download links so far It seems this mod is dead
Megrisoft
Web Hosting Company
India Software Company
SEO Company

Quote Reply
Re: [megri] Links Download Archive In reply to
I can find anything please help me!! i really want that MOD, please you can send it to my email sietbukuel@gmail.com have a nice day! thanx
Quote Reply
Re: [twysm] Links Download Archive In reply to
You they closed the site i downloaded the latest version but there were lot of bugs which I think they add intentionally so the mod is not longer available
Megrisoft
Web Hosting Company
India Software Company
SEO Company

Quote Reply
I downloaded this version in 2002......
Crazy
Quote Reply
Re: [Dingle_B] Links Download Archive In reply to
It is there work zip file should not be uploaded here without there permission
Megrisoft
Web Hosting Company
India Software Company
SEO Company

Quote Reply
Quote:
It is there work zip file should not be uploaded here without there permission

Erm, I don't really think Thomas will have a problem with Dingle_B posting the hack. I no longer support my Links2 hacks, but I still have them locally (if anyone wants them, and can't find them on the forum.. just let me know =)).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Links Download Archive In reply to
I do not have much lega knowledge you may be right
Megrisoft
Web Hosting Company
India Software Company
SEO Company

Quote Reply
Since the link is no longer active and this is a "help forum", I didnt see the harm in uploading it Blush..... But, If someone would like me to delete my post, please let me know...

Chuck
Crazy
Quote Reply
Re: [Dingle_B] Links Download Archive In reply to
In Reply To:
Since the link is no longer active and this is a "help forum", I didnt see the harm in uploading it Blush..... But, If someone would like me to delete my post, please let me know...

Chuck

Please dont do it, i may thank you for posting it. Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [twysm] Links Download Archive In reply to
 I just dont want to ruffle any feathersCool... I would understand if I would have paid for it, and then posted it free of charge for paople to D/L.... But, since it was free to D/L and all the info that came with the zip file was still intact, I didnt see the harm.... Angelic

chuck
Crazy