Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Looking For Install/ Customization Help

Quote Reply
Looking For Install/ Customization Help
I'm looking for someone to help install Links 2.0 on a UNIX server and perhaps do some customizations (mainly to keep out the German spammers!) for a not-for-profit community organization.

Please reply to talk@bloomington.org if you are interested in such a project. Rates/experience would also be helpful.

-Mark Thorson-
Quote Reply
Re: [mthorson] Looking For Install/ Customization Help In reply to
Check the Resource Section for a listing of people that do installs, some free. It is pretty to do yourself, and helps you to become familiar with how the program works. To find the Resource Center, click on the Gossamer Threads 'Home' link at the top of this page, then scroll down to the bottom of the home page, and you will see two links: one for this forum, and one for the Center.

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [mthorson] Looking For Install/ Customization Help In reply to
As Leonard just said above, there are probably 100's of experienced links 2.0 users out here that would help you install this script. But the links 2.0 install readme and this forum is basically all that you need. Grab yourself a coffee and sit down for the night and plod on through it. If you get stuck anywhere and do not understand something, search this forum by entering the exact error code you get. The chances are somewhere down the line someone has had the same problem and a solution is posted that will help out.

As for mods, links 2.0 is very modifiable, theres very little that can't be done, and also the chances are if you can think of a new mod, its either been done before or very close to it. Don't pay anyone to modify your script or install it unless you are really at the end of your tether. Ask questions first and think about it. By doing this you get to understand Perl and also links 2.0 a bit more better. Without a full understanding of links you won't be able to use the script to its full capability.

I know this doesn't help you out much but give it a try, don't be shy to ask silly questions, if you look at my posts there all silly, but they all get answered with very useful information.

Anyway enough talk, give it a shot and save yourself some money. Smile

Stu2000

- Top 100 forums / GT Links 2.0 websites -