Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Multiple URL mod and Image Mod? Help please

Quote Reply
Multiple URL mod and Image Mod? Help please
Hello, I'm new at this type of stuff and this is my first time using the Links 2.0 script. Basically I'm looking to figure out how to do a couple things with the script. First I have it set up so the URL field in the add form goes to an affiliate link for purchasing a product. I would like to somehow have a 2nd URL field I could put another affiliate URL to rent a product. Does anyone know if there is a mod for this type of thing?

Also, I've done a search to find a mod that will allow me to upload an image. There are quite a few but I'm not sure which one I will need. Basically I would like to be able to upload an image of the product on the Detailed page of each link. Can somebody please point me in the right direction of a mod that will allow me to do that?

I hope I made sense, thanks for any help.
PeterGibbons
Quote Reply
Re: [petergibbons] Multiple URL mod and Image Mod? Help please In reply to
Do you want to allow users to upload an image? Or just the admin?

chuck
Crazy
Quote Reply
Quote:
I would like to somehow have a 2nd URL field I could put another affiliate URL to rent a product.

Wouldnt you just add another field in links.def.

Something like this.

Code:
affilURL => [12, 'alpha', 40, 75, 1, '', '^http|news|mailto|ftp']

you would just need to change the field number to what ever the last one is........

chuck
Crazy
Quote Reply
Re: [Dingle_B] Multiple URL mod and Image Mod? Help please In reply to
Hey Chuck,
Thanks for the replies. I just want the admin to be allowed to upload the image.
I'm going to try to add the 2nd url tomorrow. I'll let you know if I figured it out. Thanks again.
PeterGibbons
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Hey Chuck,
Thanks for the replies. I just want the admin to be allowed to upload the image.
I'm going to try to add the 2nd url tomorrow. I'll let you know if I figured it out. Thanks again.
PeterGibbons

Check this out.... http://gossamer-threads.com/...;;page=unread#unread

chuck
Crazy
Quote Reply
Re: [Dingle_B] Multiple URL mod and Image Mod? Help please In reply to
Hey Chuck, thanks for all the help. I put that line in my links.def file and changed the number but i got this error:

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : fatal error: syntax error at cgi-bin/links/admin/links.def line 37, near "affilURL"
Compilation failed in require at admin.cgi line 55.

any idea what im doing wrong? thanks
PeterGibbons
Quote Reply
The likely cause of the error is that you did not put a comma at the end of the line above the new field:

ReceiveMail => [13, 'alpha', 10, 10, 1, 'Yes', 'No|Yes'],
affilURL => [14, 'alpha', 40, 75, 1, '', '^http|news|mailto|ftp']

Note that there is NOT a comma after the last item in the list. More clearly, there is not SUPPOSED to be one. Also, if you do not want an entry in the new field to be required, change the '1' to a '0'.

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie

Last edited by:

PerlFlunkie: Aug 30, 2004, 3:21 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] Multiple URL mod and Image Mod? Help please In reply to
thanks a lot PerlFlunkie, that was the problem. thanks for all the help guys.

petergibbons

Last edited by:

petergibbons: Aug 30, 2004, 10:13 AM