Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Multiple outputs to three different data directories

Quote Reply
Multiple outputs to three different data directories
I've had a quick search and this doesn't seem to have been posted before.

Essentially I purchased a copy of links2 a couple a years ago for a project I never got around to developing, however something has come up and link2 may be up to the job providing I can make the following customisation.

I want to be able to output 3 copies of links into 3 different data directories using the same templates and database, files and from one admin screen.

The complication is I want to add another field which I want to be multiselect called directory with the options directory1, directory2, directory3 when I add a link I want to specify in additon to category the directory.

When links does a build I want it to build a copy into 3 different directories, however if a link was added to category A for example and I had specified directory1 and directory2 it would appear as a link within the category A page when browsing directory 1 & 2 but would not show when browsing directory 3.

I hope the above makes sense and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: [benward] Multiple outputs to three different data directories In reply to
Sorry, but I am confused, you want to use the same links.db for each directory? Why have the three different directories?

To do what you want, you'd have to hack the nph-build.cgi script, which would entail a lot of work.

Have you considered using three different links.db files? And then hacking the links.cfg and links.def files? Probably easier than hacking the nph-build.cgi script.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me