Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Post my templates answer is no

Quote Reply
Post my templates answer is no
Listen you guys I have received a lot of emails requesting if I would Post my templates on the resource centre to be used.

But unfortunatley after dicussions with others employees at work the answer is no we can't due to copyright or something.

But I am willing and able to help anyone with their design of templates. Just ask I see what I can do.

------------------
tassie
webmaster@scriptfarm.com
www.scriptfarm.com
Quote Reply
Re: Post my templates answer is no In reply to
Funny you'd think that way, since you are asking for people to upload their work, to make your site a success --- seems you'd want to return the favor, and share YOUR work with others.

Not that you don't have that right, but there's a whole new wind blowing through this forum the past few weeks... and it's starting to smell a bit foul.

Quote Reply
pugdog

I am sorry you feel that way it was not my decission not to post the templates I would have loved to.I was just out voted.

And I did state that I would help anyone that needed help on designing templates, which I will and I won't charge for it (sorry bobsie couldn't help that one).

So as I said if anyone needs help with templates just sing out.

------------------
tassie
webmaster@scriptfarm.com
www.scriptfarm.com
Quote Reply
I thought I had seen that format before...
Quote Reply
I'm not interested in using your templates, don't think you should post them if you don't want to, and applaud your offer to help others with their html.

That said...I have to point out that your site is a virtual clone of cnet.com.
Quote Reply
Brad Richardson.

Your are quite right it does look a bit like cnet.com. That was not my intention, but it is probably understandable the company I work for Pentas Consulting P/L designed there pages. Actually we designed the new australian site and they decided to use it for the usa site as well. They can't open there site here something to do with the domain name www.cnet.com.au already been taken.

And thanks for the applause. I just want to return the favour for people helping me out.
Quote Reply
Who can spot the similarities between:

www.scriptfarm.com
and
www.aspin.com
Quote Reply
What? What's the difference? Hehehe Smile, so this aspin.com is associated with you tassie or it's totally different company? It seems that aspin.com has been online for quite a long time. Hmm...
Quote Reply
Eddie and others.

Yes aspin.com is the same if you look so is Infogenius.com. Now I will let your great minds work out why they all look the same.

Before anyone shoots their mouth of and makes stupid innuendos please gather your facts first.

Now I put this post here to offer my help with templates and I have received a number of emails to that effect. To me it seems there is a minority of people who use this forum just to attack others. I no I have thrown a rock in the pool a couple of times which I regret doing because it only gave that minority further anmunition.

Bobsie I no what I am saying as nothing to do with this forum and you may close this thread. Alex should give you the ability to delete whole threads people may get the message then.

------------------
tassie
webmaster@scriptfarm.com
www.scriptfarm.com
Quote Reply
Its good that you want this thread closed because of attacks as you say are made, but why did you post it in Modifications anyway. It should be closed for that sheer fact alone.

------------------
------------------------------------------
Lavon Russell
LookHard! Search
http://www.lh.yi.org
webmaster@lh.yi.org
Quote Reply
Bmxer.

Attack you have just done that yourself. You are doing just what I was referring to. Posting a message that you are not entitled to do. Thats bobsies job and he does a good job but could be harder.

I have meet some very genuine people on this forum and I beleive in future I will discuss links 2.0 with them and forget about posting anything further on this forum. I like a lot of others are sick and tired having to defend themselves all the time.

------------------
tassie
webmaster@scriptfarm.com
www.scriptfarm.com
Quote Reply
You have no idea what an attack is if you call what i did one. I myself was not portraying bobsie role nor trying to. Simply saying that before you play a victim, you should be in an appropriate place.
Peace out.

------------------
------------------------------------------
Lavon Russell
LookHard! Search
http://www.lh.yi.org
webmaster@lh.yi.org
Quote Reply
tassie:
Aspin.com has the same design as Infogenius, because Infogenius OWNS Aspin.com.

My post was not meant as an attack on you, but as an inquiry about why the two sites are identical. I am sorry it was taken as such.

So... Why IS your site identical to Aspin.com? You don't appear to be affiliated with them in any way.

[This message has been edited by senns (edited August 09, 1999).]
Quote Reply
in the past few days i think some of us forgot to take our cranky medicine.. Smile

anyways.. there are a lot of posts that seem to turn upside down after a few replies and that is not good for you, for us, and for links.

i do wonder why his site looks like aspin.com but i don't care Smile you can't get sued for html.. there are about 1000 way to make one thing and you can never win a lawsuit cause someone copied your site..

anyways.. this thread should be closed cause it's not really appropriate in this forum and it doesn't seem to have a point.. Smile

jerry

don't forget to take your cranky medicine next time you post like this people! i recommend advil.. but i'm not a doctor so don't sue me if you turn into some psychotic monster..
Quote Reply
Thank you jerry the advil worked great! Clear blue skies ahead. 8-)
Quote Reply
Sheesh no wonder, well thanx for reminding me Jerry, heh Smile.

Anyway, I agree. Topic should be closed and Tassie; sorry if I offended you as I wasn't trying to do so or if you prefer it to be called an 'attack'. Was just asking...