Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

REVIEW.CGI - does it function properly?

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: REVIEW.CGI - does it function properly? In reply to
yea yea yea.. i'm a retard.. i forgot about the require "review.def" in the sub get_reviews.. it will jack up your database. for this.. i am going to use my admin style multiple db.. it's more "unorganized" but it's the easiest way..

tassie.. uhhhhhh.. it's cause in review.def you set them to required.. set them to not required and they will be required if there is a review.

jerry
Quote Reply
Widgetz.
Two problems.

The two forms that you posted for external use well the first one does not work (Thats the one with ratings only)when you submit it, it just brings up the error page with can't leave Contact_Name or Email_Name Blank which I assume as something to do with how review.cgi reads it. Can it be corrected.

Second problem which is probably related to the first. In the reviewme pages it seems that you have to rate and review the link or it won't work and put your email and name in.
Is there some way that if a person only wishs to rate the link that he/she does not have to enter his/her email and name. If there is that should fix the first problem as well.

Thank you Widgetz.

------------------
tassie
webmaster@scriptfarm.com
www.scriptfarm.com
Quote Reply
Hi everyone. I remember a post just before the review mod came out where widgetz said he was working on having his script access a ubb memeber database. Did anything ever come of this or was the idea dropped.
Thanx
Quote Reply
i dropped all requests for review.cgi.. Smile

you know if you guys tried... these mods can be done easily.. seriously you guys are just asking us to do it instead of looking and trying to understand..

if you want to use cgi on your site.. you have got to TRY and understand the script.. or you would annoy the heck out of the person that made it!! Smile [*hint hint*]

plus all these things that you guys are saying are TOOOOOOO easy to fix.. some of them require no perl scripting knowledge at all.. i already have a ubb version of the script.. i plan on throwing it into my recycle bin and smile very big when i do so.. so you guys can do it yourself.. :] [lol]

anyways.. before you ask for something just look into it for like at least 5 minutes.. if you are really wanting to learn.. don't ask for help at all.. (well.. until you REALLY quit).. also.. i suggest finding some site with some help on perl syntax..

.. another reason i don't like making mods.. hehehe..

jerry

[This message has been edited by widgetz (edited August 24, 1999).]
Quote Reply
What was that about?

Did I say "hey widgetz, I'm lazy. Can you do free work for me?"

I wasn't making a request I was simply asking about the review script. I can see you are very busy with this and your new dbman project. That's why I addressed it to everyone and not widgetz.

I've been busy tweaking my BB and neglecting Links latley and lost track of how things were going here.

I haven't installed your mod yet or used it. I just remember ubb member database being mentioned in one of your older posts (lost somewhere in that 100+ posts thread)and was interested if it was included in the current script or if you went another route.

I've been thinking about linking my member profiles with links and everychat in the future and if your mod was already bridging the gap, I might of been able to learn from it and make it do want I wanted.
Quote Reply
sorry about that.. i thought you were someone else to tell the truth.. hehe

jerry
Quote Reply
Install CGI fail to find rates.cgi? What wrong? Do I miss something? Jerry.. Could I get the non automatic version? cause I can't download stuff for Intranet...

regards,
> >