Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Relevency Search Mod - Unknown Tag Problem

Quote Reply
Relevency Search Mod - Unknown Tag Problem
I'm trying to run the Relevency Search Mod and am getting this on pages: Unkown Tag: relevency. I was going to add "relevency" to links.def, but am not sure that's what to do. The mod says:

It has been set up to temporarily overwrite the values of votes with relevency.

I haven't been using "Votes" up to now--in fact, it's commented out of links.def. Do I need to define both "Votes" and "relevency" in links.def? Should I only have one of them defined? Which one?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kathy
Quote Reply
Re: [KM] Relevency Search Mod - Unknown Tag Problem In reply to
You may need to add
relevency => $relevency
to the sub site_html_searchlink.

Quote:
I haven't been using "Votes" up to now--in fact, it's commented out of links.def.

You need the votes field, as it is being used to store the relevency score. If you wanted both votes AND relevency, you would need to ad a new field, and create a new database file

Another thought...

If you removed the votes field before you did any building, then you likely need to add the field into the category.db (add a |).

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie

Last edited by:

PerlFlunkie: Jan 9, 2005, 12:54 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] Relevency Search Mod - Unknown Tag Problem In reply to
Thanks. I think that fixed it. I added relevency => $relevency to site_html_searchlink and added Votes to links.def and links.db (boy, was that nervewrecking!). I'm not getting any Unknown Tags, but am still uneasy. Should I add relevency as a field in links.db? It's not really a field, is it, because it just overwrites Votes?

Anyway, since I'm not getting any flashing warning signs, I'm going to upload all the search mod changes to the site tonight, if you want to see how it's working (or not working).

Thanks again for all your help!

Kathy
http://jewish-web.org
Quote Reply
Re: [KM] Relevency Search Mod - Unknown Tag Problem In reply to
You don't need to add a 'relevency' field, since you don't use votes. There is a script that will add a field to the links.db, makes things much easier (yeah, now you tell me...). Pirate

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie