Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
SSI
Hey!
First: well done for all.. rate-->11 but not possible :-()
Here my problem:
I've customize with good callin < %% > because I've check a lot of informations.. but peraps I've not understand something because my english language bugs..
The goal is to see a banner in a footer..
This works fine on home page, search page and generaly every classic page.. but not in categories.. I've check every template to add < %% > instruction.
It seems I've to modify code in nph-build.cgi isn't it??
But where?
For information, I've the same family problem with position of menu (center on general page but on left with categories)
Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: SSI In reply to
You need to use standard SSI calls in the category.html page, like the following:

Code:

!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/adverts/ads.cgi"--

Add the < and > at the end.

You cannot put the <ºnner%> tag within a footer file.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
OK it's a good thing to remember me this.
Do I have to edit evry categories and sub-categories files manualy??
I don't believe this!
Not a place to write call script #exec somewhere??
Regards!
Eric

Quote Reply
NO...all you have to do use is use the SSI call in the category.html template file, which WILL but the banner on all your Category and Sub-Category pages.

The category.html file BUILDS ALL the Category and Sub-Category pages.

Also, make sure that you are using a file extension that allows SSI calls in your servers in the $build_extension variable, like .shtml, .shtm, .asp, etc.

Code:

$build_extension = ".shtml";

Got it?

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Fine fine fine..
When I setup links, I build with HTML and after I see it's necessary to build in shtml, so I builded in shtml... But I don't delete old file in html and I think this is the reason why don't work. Test on one works so I see confirmation tomorrow because sleep is important also :-))
Thanks for all.
Eric

Quote Reply
That is correct...you need to delete all the .html files since .html is probably is set-up as your "default" file extension for your directories.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
You could also add:
DirectoryIndex index.shtml
to your .htaccess file.

Quote Reply
Or better yet...if you want to disable directory listing and have more than one default file for directories, then use the following codes in your <ROOT> .htaccess file:

Code:

DirectoryIndex index.cgi index.shtml index.html index.htm /errors/forbidden.shtml

Then create a directory called errors and then create a file called forbidden.shtml.

In this file, you should include the following Error message:

Code:

HTTP Error: 403 - Forbidden

Directory Listing is disabled in this web site.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanks, I note and try later, but not from now because I've LWP error to disable at first.

Error message:
Unable to load Parallel User Checker.
Error in Validator.pm to line 26
I can't check links finding bad link..

Peraps that's better I do a new thread for this?

Regards

Quote Reply
Re: SSI (More infos about..) In reply to
I've check threads..
I find telnet access and Perl 5.005 as solution for LWP
It's good Perl (5.005)
and I've not telnet access :-((
Thanks

Quote Reply
Looks like you have NOT uploaded the complete LWP package that was distributed with Links. Try uploading all the folders and files (make sure that the .pm files are uploaded in ASCII mode).

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Here my module

LinksRepertory
........|
........administrator (write [a d m i n] in real)
............|
............Lwp........755
..............|
..............Parallel........755
................Protocol.pm...644
................UserAgent.pm..644
..............|
..............Protocol...755
................ftp.pm...644
................http.pm..644

Are all files OK ?
I've upload ASCII but the same wrong message.
I don't understand what the script says to me with her line 26. Code seems very hard for me at this place.

Are you gossamer director or something?? because if it's the case I like private message about links.

Regards

Quote Reply
Looks fine to me...I will have to think about this some more.

I am NOT associated with Gossamer Threads in any capacity other than a volunteer user attempting to help other users like yourself.

Good luck!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Well, it seems I've a big problem to resolve this time.
I hope solution come with time and reflexion.
Every parameters are in links.cfg aren'it?
If you have suggestion.. I take it..
Thanks for all

Quote Reply
One thing everyone seems to be missing here is that the category template is used to create pages in more than one directory at more than one level. Since SSI calls are relational - "../cgi-bin/banner/banner.cgi" the SSI call would work on main categories but fail badly on sub categories. I believe there is a mod that will allow more that one category template this could be a solution... or maybe Links could be modified to create all category directories at the same level. There may another way to do this but I couldn't think of a way...