Security script for modify page.

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: Security script for modify page. In reply to
I am about finished with it.

I should have it uploaded to the following URL in the next 1/2 hour or so:

anthrotech.com/cgi/links/mods/lookup/

It was actually easier than I anticipated to make it more universally applicable.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. Smile
----------------------

[This message has been edited by Eliot (edited February 09, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Okay...the files are uploaded.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
ok, Eliot
I have it setup, no problem there. I uploaded the password.cgi file to the links directory, main directory right below the admin directory. I am assuming this is correct. I tried it out entered my email address and did not get an error, but the form doesnt seem to do anything, it just sets there with the line loading in the browser. What causes this?

P.s. thanks for the script, it seems to be better, and easier to configure with links.
Mike
Quote Reply
Uh..do you get a Success Screen? If not, then you have NOT uploaded all the files nor have added all the sub-routines in the site-_html_templates.pl.

Also, did you hack the password.cgi script? If so, I cannot gaurantee it will work! But it does work! Re-read the instructions again!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
ok, i have it working, it was an error in the libraries section. Thanks Eliot for the script, and please do not take anything i said in the wrong way. I never meant anything negative toward you or the script was merely trying to explain to you what was happening so you would have all the info. I appreciate the script and all of your help, and i think it would be a shame if you were to stop writing mods.
Mike
Quote Reply
C'est la vive!

I really don't have time to support all the Mods I've written and many people seem to have problems even installing the simpliest MOds...So, I am done.

Not your fault...just a compound of complaints and inabilities to debug and customize scripts has raised my frustration levels to the point of no return.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
ok, i have checked over everything. It looks ok. Let me see if this is the problem. The html files i put in the template directory for links, i am beginning to think they need to be uploaded to the same directory as the password.cgi script. Is this the problem? If not when i go to the modify form and click on the first link which should call the cgi and bring up the pword.html it does nothing. The browser appears to be loading, the hourglass appears with the cursor and the load bar in the browser is moving slowly but it will do nothing, it will not even time out in 10 minutes. I know its something simple that i did wrong, i am hoping it is what is mentioned above.
Thanks,
Mike
Quote Reply
No...the template files NEED TO BE IN YOUR TEMPLATES DIRECTORY AS STATED IN THE INSTRUCTIONS!

THE PROBLEM YOU ARE HAVING IS THAT YOU PROBABLY HAVE NOT REFERENCED THE LINKS.CFG FILE IN THE REQUIRED LIBRARIES SECTION CORRECTLY!

AGAIN, YOU ARE NOT FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS I PROVIDED. THIS IS A REALLY EASY MOD TO INSTALL...COMMENTS AND THREADS LIKE THESE REALLY DETRACT ME FROM WRITING MODS, AND I WILL PROBABLY CEASE FROM WRITING MODS.

GOOD LUCK Y'ALL!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

> >