Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

gofetch dmoz spider desperately needed!

Quote Reply
gofetch dmoz spider desperately needed!
Hi there,

back in 2001 there was a script (gofetch.cgi) for dmoz spidering and importing into the Links database discussed here in the forums.

I was using it until it stopped working recently. Since the version that i have (2.0) has a bug with not showing error messages i have no clue where to look for the parsing errors.

From searching the forum I know that there once was a newer version (2.2 or even 3.0) available but the download links posted are not working anymore.

Does anyone have the 2.2 or 3.0 version of the script?

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: [veedub] gofetch dmoz spider desperately needed! In reply to
In the meantime I tried several other tools for importing or crawling dmoz data. Even though they do work, none of them can compare to the good old gofetch.cgi when it comes to importing single dmoz categories for my specific purposes.

Unfortunately I was still not able to get hold of a working script or a newer version than 2.0.

I am sure some of you guys still have the script on your harddrives. I am willing to pay you for your efforts or help you out with some other issues you might have in exchange.

Please help Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [veedub] gofetch dmoz spider desperately needed! In reply to
Do you know of any other methods that are free that can used to "fetch" dmoz records for Links?