Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

i changed 'Contact Email' to ContactEmail...

Quote Reply
i changed 'Contact Email' to ContactEmail...
because of a javascript on the add page which couldnt handle spaces, and now i realize it mighta messed up some things...

for instance in admin_html.pl under sub html_validate_email:
Code:
# Set the to, from, subject and message to send.
my $to = $link{ContactEmail};
my $from = $db_admin_email;
my $subject = "Your link has been added! Even though you didnt submit it... How cool is that!";
my $msg = &load_template ('email-add.txt', \%link);

i changed it to what it is from $link{'Contact Email'} but it still isnt working.. any ideas?

Vote Stinky
Quote Reply
Re: [security_man] i changed 'Contact Email' to ContactEmail... In reply to
That won't work, since the db is defined in links.def as

'Contact Email' => [7,

And in many places in the script, it will be that way (spaced). You can go through all the files and do a search-and-replace, then the javascript may work. It won't now because there is no such db as 'ContactEmail'.

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] i changed 'Contact Email' to ContactEmail... In reply to
right, i changed that in links.def 'Contact Email' to ContactEmail. thats why i changed what i posted in admin_html.pl page... is it calling something else from somewhere else in the script that has 'Contact Email' or is it a syntax error of some kind?

Vote Stinky
Quote Reply
Re: [security_man] i changed 'Contact Email' to ContactEmail... In reply to
you will need to open each file ( cgi/pl ) in the links and admin folder. search for Contact Email ( I would do Contact Name, also ) and replace it with ContactEmail ( ContractName ). They exist in several files ( but not all of them ) and, in some cases, in several places inside the file.You will need to replace all of them.

Also, change the HTML files.

Remember, Pearl is case sensitive, so make the changes exactly the same.

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."