Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

info.cgi -- replacement for details.cgi

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] info.cgi -- replacement for details.cgi In reply to
Leonard;

Yes the date mod above will be difficult to do. You wouldn’t have a copy of the old npt_expirator.cgi mod. The one that expires by date and not by days. Or do you know how to put the new one back to the old version?

Thanks,
Jake
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] info.cgi -- replacement for details.cgi In reply to
Leonard;

Really appreciate your responses.

I would need more information on how to install and run the info.cgi mod. The script alone is not enough info for me. I'm sure it's pretty simple but I don't know if it will work for what I have planned. I would need a readme file to tell me what it does. Would you have a redme for it?

Also:

That Add.cgi Spider sounds like it would be a nice mod, unfortunately all the links to it on the forum are dead. You wouldn't happen to have it archived somewhere would you?

Thanks again Leonard,
forum thread where add.cgi is talked about.

Jake

Quote Reply
Re: [awwa] info.cgi -- replacement for details.cgi In reply to
No, I have no readme, I just read the posts to figure it out. What this thing does is create a detailed page "on the fly" instead of having a static page. Put the cgi in your public cgi area (with the search, add, etc), then you add the link as descibed in this post (page one of this thread): http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=260084#260084

It uses the standard detailed.html, which of course you can change to look however you want. Here is an example of its' use: http://jamesdpatches.com/patches/California/. When you click either the title or the image, the info.cgi will create a new page for you to see, which I have set to show a larger image. It could also contain more information, or...

The standard static detailed pages are created in one directory, and are named by the link id number, which results in a huge, hard to manage file. Using the cgi, the pages are only created when requested, and as long as the demand (bandwidth) is not real high, it's easier to deal with.

Sorry, I do not have any version of the spider mods.Frown

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie

Last edited by:

PerlFlunkie: Feb 2, 2004, 3:20 PM
> >