Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

link list

Quote Reply
link list
Hi,

I would like to build a 1 page link list by alphabetical order not using categorys.

I would also like this list to be 4 colums of links.

Also, if possible, I would like to link directly to the pages themselves rather than using jump.cgi

Can anybody recomend a mod that can do the above?

Thanks in advance,

DB Manic
Quote Reply
Re: [dbmanic] link list In reply to
Quote:
I would like to build a 1 page link list by alphabetical order not using categorys.

Look for the Tree Mod. I think it's in the Resource section

Quote:

There's a multi-column hack around. I think it's in the Resource section, too.

Quote:
Also, if possible, I would like to link directly to the pages themselves rather than using jump.cgi[/url]

This has been done. Search the forum. There might be something in Resources.

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote:

Is this the only way you want to list links, or in addition to using categories?

Quote:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=135319#135319

Quote:
Also, if possible, I would like to link directly to the pages themselves rather than using jump.cgi

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=225370#225370

--DogTags,

I'm not meaning to 'dis' ya or nothin', but being familiar with the site here, and the terms to use to find things in the search, I went ahead and posted links to the info that was wanted.

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie

Last edited by:

PerlFlunkie: Jan 9, 2004, 9:32 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] link list In reply to
No prob, Leonard.

I just didn't have time to hunt down the links, but I wanted to at least help point in the right direction.

Thanks Smile

Quote Reply
Re: link list In reply to
Thanks for all your help guys!

I have found exactly what I need.

The only question I have now is which order should I install the mods? Or does it really matter?

Thanks Again!! ;)

DB Manic
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] link list In reply to
Quote:
Is this the only way you want to list links, or in addition to using categories?

Instead of the home.html listing categories, I would like it to list just the links posted. I don't want to use categories at all.

I found the Links Tree mod, but not very much info to go with it.
Quote Reply
The tree mod creates its own page, I believe - tree.html (or something like that). So, it's not on the home page.

Quote Reply
What if we wanted to have a master link list in addition to having categories? That is what I am looking for.

In addition to have our links directory show up as categories/sub-cats, etc.. we would like to have a seperate listing of all link listed in alphabetical order.

Your thoughts?

Thanks
James
Quote Reply
No, it does not matter what order you install mods. What you should do when changing the code, is put a note in so that you know later what is not original, example:

## Next thre lines changed for so and so mod

Also, instead of deleting/replacing code, comment it out (#), and add the new code. That makes it easier to see where a problem may have arisen (if you have one...).

You have to have at least one category for links to work. However, it does not have show up; you can remove the code that will print out the category name, so only links appear.

The tree mod would require more hacking to have it list only links, without categories. Here's the one I use on my site:

http://www.theonetruechurch.com/templatetree.html

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie