Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

mylinks.cgi

Quote Reply
mylinks.cgi
in the past few weeks. .this has been the only script i have distributed.. it was distributed on a license fee of $20 which pays for full support on the script..

the $20 is paid quickly by amazon.com gift certificates (credit card)..

if you want mylinks.cgi.. email me at jsu7785@yahoo.com.. for full details.. $20 pays for install and support..

i won't be distributing review.cgi ever again..

Jerry Su
Quote Reply
Re: mylinks.cgi In reply to
Hello Jerry,
Sorry but I am very new here.
What is Mylinks ?????
Regards,
Sanuk

Quote Reply
http://ucmd.virtualave.net/

go through his listings.. notice.. 'add to mylinks'

add a few links.. then go to 'MyLinks'.. it will display the links the user saved..

for some reason.. his does not appear to be working..

Jerry Su
Quote Reply
Jerry,

I just saw your post concerning mylinks.cgi at my site. I just checked it (with IE 5.5 and Netscape 4.7) and I don't see anything wrong. Would you please let me know what's going on?

--Drew
Quote Reply
in netscape the cookie doesn't save..

let me see your %cookie variable in mylinks.cgi

Jerry Su
Quote Reply
Thanks for replying Jerry.
But I can not get inside:
http://ucmd.virtualave.net/
Getting Server down message
Thanks anyway
I will try again tomorrow
Going to sleep now
11.25 pm in Thailand
Regards and good luck,
Sanuk

Quote Reply
Oops, Sorry to disberp you again,
By the way I dont know if you are very spesialized in links2
it is my first installation in CGI.
I am only member here since today
I have one question also in this forum custamization,
Named "a special sorting routine"
Maybe you have some knowledge about this ????
Otherwise never mind and I understand
Have a good night,
Best regards,
Sanuk

Quote Reply
Code:
domain => '.ucmd.virtualave.net'
Or should that be...?
Code:
domain => '.virtualave.net'
I rarely use Netscape, and I'd recently imported my cookies so I assumed that since it loaded up right all was well.

--Drew
Quote Reply
My host is working on their site... but looks okay right now. Anyway, my links site is at http://ucmd.virtualave.net/pages/

--Drew
Quote Reply
Hi Jerrysu

Will the mylinks work with LinksSQL?

Regards

MDJ1
http://www.isee-multimedia.co.uk
Quote Reply
it can't be .ucmd.virtualave.net for sure..

that would mean the site needs to be accessed from SOMETHING.ucmd.virtualave.net (on netscape)..

try ucmd.virtualave.net without the first period.. if not.. .virtualave.net..

the problem with that is that any other virtualave site using mylinks would have their links added with your cookie.. the best advice i can give you for that is change the cookie name...

Jerry Su
Quote Reply
i have a version for Links SQL.. it uses the user database.. (no cookies)..

it can also be sortable using any field..

Jerry Su
Quote Reply
now that school is starting once again.. once all current projects are completed (2 more to go).. i will be done with PERL and Links in general.. I am willing to continue installing mylinks.cgi to anyone that needs it (as it only takes 20 seconds ;).. Next summer.. i am not likely to continue perl.. it looks to me I'll be doing java servlets by then and they seem to be more powerful and I'm planning on going in that direction..

anyways.. i will still be around sorta.. well.. until junko or somebody makes the mylinks.cgi replacement.. :).. i believe its on its way..

later

Jerry Su
Quote Reply
Yes...I have the favorites part of a MyLinks replacement finished (Jerry, that CGI.pm module cut out like 15 lines of junk and made that whole cookies.pm thing unnecesary). There's a few things I found out resourceindex.com that I'm going to add...

--Drew
Quote Reply
yep.. CGI.pm does a lot of work for you.. regarding input values and such..

Jerry Su
Quote Reply
Hi, I went to download MyLinks and it was removed. Can anyone give me a URL to where I can download it? Thanks.

Quote Reply
Hi, where can I download the MyLinks script. The author of the script has closed down the download site, so if someone has a URL to their script that I can download it, it would be real great! Thanks.

Quote Reply
Shanx6336, you probably wont find anyone who uses this forum to give you the script for free, it has been pulled for free distribution by the author. If you read the first message in this thread, you will find clear instructions on how you can obtain a copy of MyLinks.
In Reply To:
if you want mylinks.cgi.. email me at jsu7785@yahoo.com.. for full details.. $20 pays for install and support..
Regards,
Mandi

Quote Reply
Yeah, he gets the script for free, help getting the script working for free, creates a little favorites script which didn't work, then finally he got help for free on here, then once it does work, he takes it off and wants to charge for it now... Some help..

Quote Reply
MYLINKS.CGI was updated a few days ago.. it has a new sub display.. it fixes two problems..

if you have mylinks.. and want the update.. email your ftp information to jsu7785@yahoo.com with your path to 'mylinks.cgi'..

anyone that gets mylinks installed will get the new version..

Jerry Su
Quote Reply

once again.. the reason i pulled my mods..

'he gets the script for free'.. true
'help getting the script working for free'.. (never got help doing that)..
'creates a little favorites script which didn't work'.. where did you get that.. all 283 lines worked on the first run.. i made the script when i stopped using links 2 so i wasn't able to test it myself..
'then finally he got help for free on here'.. nope
'once it does work, he takes it off and wants to charge for it now'.. i took it off because of the disrespect of time i spent helping others.. expecting gratitude i was left with loads of work.. do you work for free? people 'volunteer'.. i volunteered more than enough in my links 2 days..

please don't say stuff you don't know.. the script was created by request for someone after a large demand of people also requested it.. i am not a perl knowledgeless person.. perl is actually part of my college transcript/GPA..

Jerry Su
Quote Reply
ok.. i have decided this just now.. mylinks.cgi will no longer be available to anyone starting 10/18/00.. if you want it.. get it now.. in the last few days i installed a few copies and it doesn't go well with my school schedule.. i'm giving half a week for anyone that wants it and haven't gotten it yet..

Jerry Su
Quote Reply
here is a demo of the newest copy of mylinks.cgi..

http://www.japanreference.com/

he calls it 'MyReference'

just go to a category.. like..
http://www.japanreference.com/...ture/Cinematography/

and click 'Bookmark It'..
then go to
http://www.japanreference.com/cgi-bin/mylinks.cgi

and you will see the link.. try saving more links and you can see how it works with the category and such.. it does have span pages btw..

Jerry Su
Quote Reply
there is exactly one day left to get your copy of mylinks.cgi..

thanks to all those who have purchased the neweset version of MyLinks..

starting thursday.. the mod will not be available for any type of distribution..

Jerry Su
Quote Reply
mylinks.cgi is no longer distributed for links2 users..

Jerry Su