Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

numbered links to spanned pages...?

Quote Reply
numbered links to spanned pages...?
OK, here's one for ya...

I want a link to each "more" page in a category. Instead of just a 'next 10' link, I want it to have numbers. Wait a minute, I was just looking at the resource center, and IT has numbers for each page! Is that normal? If so, why do I have just a 'next 10' link, when there are four 'more' pages...? Maybe someone can solve this while I'm huntin' up the answer.

Unimpressed

From the Resource Section: Pages: [<<] 1 2 3 4 [>>]

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] numbered links to spanned pages...? In reply to
Yeah, the resource center uses LinksSQL, which has a much more advanced spanning page system.

Have you looked at the AltaVisa Spanning mod? Not sure if it is still available, as it was over a year ago since I used it... but that seemed to work fine for me :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] numbered links to spanned pages...? In reply to
SmileThanks for the tip! A bit of searching using the new search terms uncovered the code to do just what I want, here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=32766#32766

Installed without a hitch, and is much better than having to go through several 'next 10' links to get further along in a link listing!

I didn't realize the Resource Center had switched; I see Links SQL has the same wonderful stock template that Links2 has!

Sly

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie