Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

password Modify in Templates

Quote Reply
password Modify in Templates
If you have this script can you email it to gr88peape@aol.com I would appreciate it.

Quote Reply
Re: password Modify in Templates In reply to
If anyone has this script could you post a copy? Thanks!

Quote Reply
Ditto

Quote Reply
Use Bobsie's Password Modify Mod, which is linked and live in the Resources section of this site.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
You really don't like posting simple links do you?

Quote Reply
Password Modify In Templates Modification In reply to
Okay, I E-Mailed someone who has the script installed and lo and behold, they had a copy of the script! *G* I uploaded it, for anyone who wants a copy, at http://www.netchitecture.f2s.com/...source/password1.zip

Enjoy! :>

Jon | netchitecture@home.com
http://www.netchitecture.f2s.com/

Quote Reply
Why should I? The Resources are already there for you. I really don't like linking stuff for lazy people, sorry.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
And in case you haven't noticed, the RESOURCE descriptions aren't very detailed especially NOT with author names. In fact, it's so rundown that there're multiple broken links in the listings. I've been through the mods (like you "told" me to) with a fine toothcomb, I've clicked on every link and read every description, example etc. until my eyes started watering and my head started aching. I'm sure you've had a dandy fun time going through that for months before you knew your way inside out by heart. And if you don't know your way through all the mod listings by heart, that means you've had to go to the resources section, go to the mods section and click around until you found the particular mod. Would it have been so difficult to right click on the link while you were there? I don't think so. I've done that for others new to Web Publishing who ask the same questions others before them have asked (over and over again especially when everyone else feels too "lazy", as you put it, to lend a helping hand) and I'm sure you can do the same. And FYI, I don't have all the time in the world but the messages I post to them were even shorter than the one you posted.
-----------
URL, good luck!
-----------
With my signature which happens to be automatic. Doesn't take a lot of time, especially since I happened to reply anyway.

Quote Reply
Re: Password Modify In Templates Modification In reply to
This isn't the mod I meant. It's only part of it. This part sends the password if they forgot it. The mod I meant was the one that requires ID & Password to modify listing.

Quote Reply
I was wondering about that too when I installed it. Right, now, I'm awaiting a reply from the person who gave it to me. Guess we'll all have to wait. :>

Quote Reply
Elliot is it ok to put these mods up somewhere so people can download them? They are your mods.. If the answer is yes people need to understand Elliot no longer supports these mods..

New Zealand Christian Internet Directory
Quote Reply
That is fine...if you credit me as the author and maintain all the copyright notices within the scripts, then it is fine to re-distribute them...however, I no longer support any of my past Modifications...Sorry.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
In the future, please ask the author of Modifications before you re-distribute them. Ian, at least, had the courtesy to ask me before announcing that he was going to re-distribute modification.

Pay close attention to copyright notices...Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Greetings Elliot!

It was actually me who sent doororjon the password mod.. At his second e-mail I remember that it it needed the other mod to work and knowing you had pulled these mods from the resource centre I thought that you should give the okay to have them distributed.

Could we not put them back into the Resource Centre with notes attached to them that no support is given by the author namely you.. Save lots of people hunting around for them and they are good mods to have on ones site.

:) :)

Quote Reply
Uh...Ian, you could submit it as a RESOURCE in the RESOURCE CENTER...but wherever you put the MODIFICATION, you need to clearly state that you are NOT the author, but are willing to provide support for it.

As I have stated before, I refuse to re-post my MODIFICATIONS in the RESOURCE CENTER, and all I ask is that if others want to re-vitalize them and re-distribute the MODIFICATIONS that they do the following:

1) Ask me permission before re-distributing them.
2) KEEP all copyright statments in-tact in all the files. Hacking of these statements is not allowed in any instance.
3) Re-distribute them in a manner that clearly maintains myself as the author, yet that YOU or anyone else who wants to re-distribute the MODIFICATIONS will take responsibility for supporting them.

Failure to follow these steps may result in legal matters.

See ya.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Ok - As I tend to keep hard copies of the mods I have used on my site I will know the rules for distributing your "Password" mod..

The Modify mod I note is in the Resource Centre but the link is dead and I think should either be deleted or updated.

I have also noted that in the Modify mod there is a link to http://hostglobal.com/scripts/password.shtml for a similar mod to yours which was updated in December 1999. (Not sure whether this mod is listed in the resource center.

If I remember rightly I did not have too many problems installing these mods and all I can pass onto users is what I have done and thats normally follow the instructions in the mod files. :)

ADDED
Ok after having a good look in the Resource Center there are in fact two links for a "Password" mod. The issue here is the link to the Modify mod is dead and seeing one works with the other if the Modify mod was in the Resource Centre then no one would have this problem.

Quote Reply
There were no copyright notices in the files I received. However, I doubt I received the original files. In any case, I apologize for redistributing them without permission and I also apologize for blowing up on you earlier. Please do understand that I was getting frustrated with broken links in the resources section. BTW, do you happen to be "Phoenix" as well? :>