Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

random pass and ban mode

Quote Reply
random pass and ban mode
Ok, I give up!:-) I had the ban url mod installed and working fine. I added the random password mod(which works very well) but now I get a 500 error when the "ban url" mod tries to execute.

My question is just where does the "ban" mod need to be placed in the script. I think I have tried just about everywhere. This can't be that difficult, but at my age who knows?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: [EzRyder] random pass and ban mode In reply to
Quote:
I had the ban url mod installed and working fine. I added the random password mod(which works very well) but now I get a 500 error when the "ban url" mod tries to execute.

Which ban url mod did you use? Which random password mod? Did you have them both working together? It's unclear, since you said they both worked. Do you mean they work separately, but not together?

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] random pass and ban mode In reply to
Thank you for the reply,

I got it to work finally. I am using the Random Pass Mod that was on "wiredon.net" . The Ban URL Mod I got some time ago from the forum here, not quite sure who to give credit to.

I took a clean copy of add.cgi and applied the Random Pass Mod. Tested it and made sure it worked. Then in "sub_process_form" immediately under

# Validate the form input..
$status = &validate_record(%in);

I applied the Ban Mod.

$domain = $in{'URL'};
foreach $url (@blockurl) {
if ($in{'URL'} =~ /$url/i) {
&rand_img;
&set_cookie($rand);
&site_html_add_failure("Sorry, This Domain Is On The Blacklist") and return;
}
}

I was getting a 500 error whenever the block url part was called upon for action. I simply added the &rand_img; and the &set_cookie($rand); and it is working great.

I probably still haven't explained this very well, but since I am a code butcher and not a programmer it will have to do> :-)

I can upload both of these chunks of code if anyone needs them, but I am not well versed enough to offer much in the way of support.