Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

recommend scripts in links

Quote Reply
recommend scripts in links
I was wondering if there was a way to add a recommend link to a friend to the link cat. when the user clicks on the link. the exact url of that link is sent to the e-mail of a friend. Does anyone know how to do this function with the recommend script?

Thanks,
lpluby
Quote Reply
Re: recommend scripts in links In reply to
Hi,
You could use a script call Birdcast. you can get it here: http://bignosebird.com/carchive/birdcast.shtml all you would have to do is add a field called recommend blah blah and link it to the birdcast script and it will allow the person to recommend the page they were on before they clicked on that link...after they recommend it they will be transported back to the page they recommended. This feature works best when you incorporate a detail listings page. because if the recommend link is on a page that has other listings it will just send that page and the person who is receiving the recommend e-mail will not know what particular link or resource is being referred. hope this makes some sense.

Quote Reply
I have the script working but recommend the whole page not individual links. Can you tell me how to incorporate in each individual links.

Thanks,
Sitedex
Quote Reply
This is a quote from my original post:

Quote:
This feature works best when you incorporate a detail listings page. because if the recommend link is on a page that has other listings it will just send that page and the person who is receiving the recommend e-mail will not know what particular link or resource is being referred.

As for incorporating it w/ individual links. you have to hope that guy raburn is a sport and post his code after he gets it sorted out.

bye for now
Quote Reply
Bobsie,
It works on your site. Can you give us a hand?

Thanks,
Sitedex
Quote Reply
Clap, Clap, Clap... oh... whoops... not that kind of hand!! Wink

[This message has been edited by Bobsie (edited March 14, 1999).]