Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

templates

Quote Reply
templates
Does anybody know if new templates exists? Would anybody like to share any?

I would like to install the Snap template but I don't know what are the bugs to fix.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: templates In reply to
Well, there are many templates in the Resource center. I myself am getting ready to use the one for web-crawler... I would suggest contacting the author of the snap templates and see if they know of any bugs. Even better yet, load them as is and run through all of them to see which ones (if any) turn up errors. From there go modify to your hearts content.
Quote Reply
Thanks!

I'm aware of the Yahoo, Snap and Webcrawler templates. I was wondering if anybody would be able to share other templates.

I'm looking for a realy simple but nice looking set of templates. I couldn't have the Links templates to work since the header/footer problem isn't fixed yet. Anything in the same style would be great.
Quote Reply
lancier,

Quote:
I couldn't have the Links templates to work since the header/footer problem isn't fixed yet.

What header/footer problem is that? As far as I know, the headers and footers in Links works just fine.
Quote Reply

Quote:
I'm looking for a realy simple but nice looking set of templates.

Not sure this fits that particular bill, but...

I was thinking about doing and distributing (at the resource center) a generalized version of the templates I made for my links page http://www.floor42.com/byebye/ . I guess this is as good a place as any to ask if there is any interest in these whatsoever before I start... Wink

Best,
Kate
Quote Reply
Aaron,

Quote:
Since the new nested ifs mod has been installed when using the resource center templates, the header and footer include doesn't seem to work on non- home.html template pages (i.e. category pages etc...)

He said he "... couldn't have the Links templates to work ..." so I didn't think he was talking about the templates using the nested if's mod since they are not the Links templates.

[This message has been edited by Bobsie (edited June 08, 1999).]
Quote Reply

Quote:
What header/footer problem is that? As far as I know, the headers and footers in Links works just fine.

Since the new nested ifs mod has been installed when using the resource center templates, the header and footer include doesn't seem to work on non- home.html template pages (i.e. category pages etc...)

Quote:
...if there is any interest in these whatsoever before I start...

Those templates look very good. Nice job. I would be interested in borrowing some from you design, especially the link descriptions, and category listings. Again Nice job.

Aaron

------------------
www.serve.com/garden/geosearcher

[This message has been edited by Aaron (edited June 08, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Aaron (edited June 08, 1999).]
Quote Reply
kate,
i would love those templates of yours, you
are genious.
Aaron
how did you make the sub categories show on
the home page, any secrets,
et al:
has anyone the header footer thing solved
on the resources templates, and i get an error on details called unknown tag details
any fix on this?
thanks
klaus

------------------
Quote Reply

Quote:
has anyone the header footer thing solved on the resources templates, and i get an error on details called unknown tag details any fix on this?

Yes, Alex posted in another thread that he fixed the nested ifs mod, and it works great on my site now. The listing in the resource center for the mod is now correct.

Quote:
how did you make the sub categories show on the home page, any secrets?

I just simply placed html code in the category descriptions.

Aaron

------------------
www.serve.com/garden/geosearcher

Quote Reply
i really love the discussions on this board,
it is like real live, balancing between the
the small border of understanding and misunderstanding. me as a priest dont find a solution on it, but a wise man once said,
dont bind your brother to its own ego, allow
him to change. we should just not try to analyze the psychological profil of the users on this board and try simply to keep discussions on a proffesional level under a
common subject, helping out eachother on
working around a piece of software, this doesnt mean we all have to get married to each other. just a little detour of my mind.
sorry.
Anyhow the above mentioned problem hasnt changed using the new nested mod.
any solution?
love+klaus

------------------
Quote Reply
Kate42: This is exactly the king of generalized version of the templates I was looking for. Would you post it on this site?
Quote Reply
About the Link resource template header/footer problem: it's all fixed up now. See Alex's update at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/forum/resources/Forum3/HTML/001732.html
Quote Reply
I haven't actually converted the templates for general use yet, but because there's some interest here (yeah! Smile ) I'll do so and post them in the resource center, probably by the end of this week. I'll let you know when I do Smile
Quote Reply
Let me know too! You done a great (and original job).