Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
500 Error
Up until a week or so ago Links2 has been working like a charm since it was downloaded. Then every other link is a Internal Server Error (500).

I pulled up the readme file and verified that
1) All ROOT and URL's are correct in the program
2) Uploaded in ASCII format (manually)
3) CHMODED all files and folders as instructed

Still have the problem. I just spend the last 2 days going through this forum and trying everything possible.
It's still got the error even after clearing cookies and temp internet files.

I have a very large database of links that I don't want to lose. This program has been so simple to use, I Love it. But I am totally stumped.

Can anyone help?
Quote Reply
Re: [klent337] 500 Error In reply to
Do your error logs reveal anything?

Maybe your host made some changes, and didn't tell you? Its silly things like that which catch us all out (I'd be lying if I said I hadn't tried debugging a script for several hours, only to realise the host had "changed" their paths, which is where the error came from Frown)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
When you say 'every other link is an internal server error', do you mean that half of your links work, and half don't? Have you made any code changes recently?

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
When I say every other link, I mostly mean the .cgi files that are giving me problems. It tells me which ones...

I've ran Links2 fresh install on 7 different sites I take care of. Each one I have changed the perl (/usr/bin/perl) to ever variation I can think of. I know the root and the URL, still nothing.

I've read everything I could on this forum, even tried some of these fixes that have been offered.

I contacted the server that has the problematic script (some links work, others dont) they updated the server several months ago. The script stopped working several weeks ago and nothing has been changed.

Could it be a hack or some time of bogus add a link? That's all I can think of... I don't know...